More options than Likes

Sometimes liking a post just isn’t the right thing.

I propose adding more, such as Agree.

1 Like

Liking a post can be done as opposed to creating a post that just says “I agree.”
Plus, wouldn’t an option like that just be bloating the toolbar considering usage similarity with the [Like] button? Specifics don’t really matter that much in that case.

The difference between liking and agreeing can have completely meanings.

4 Likes

Does the difference pose enough weight that it requires a new button? If anything, I’d say just renaming it would be fine if it did.

Nah. If you “like” something, generally you agree with it, imo.

5 Likes

That may be true, but I still would like to “agree” with someone, not just “like” thier post. (also 5 poeple can like the post, while 2 may agree with it.) there are times when I like a post, and there are times when i want to agree with it.

I happen to like keeping Discourse as simple as possible. “Likes” are good enough.

5 Likes

This is a discussiom forum; you’re able to post and elaborate on your opinion if you truly agree with something, strengthening the side you support. Having a simple button to agree with someone would only be necessary to prevent bloating the thread with small “I agree with you, ???” messages–if it needs to exist, the Like button does the job well enough on its own.

edit: corrections (stupid phone)

2 Likes

I use the like button for both: agreement and like. And if there’s something i don’t agree with, then i’ll post in that topic.
I’d like to keep it as simple as possible, too.

3 Likes

I agree with this, so I liked it.

2 Likes