Name as many Platforms as you can :)

Just out of curiosity, do you have a link of where that is?

It’s in the readme.

That is really sad. It is a great pity they haven’t grasped the most basic concepts of clean-room coding, by trying to imply that Glowstone has a problem but somehow the Ingot project doesn’t. They are in almost exactly the same position, and sniping at the competition like that does nothing for collegiality.
Maybe they are confused between the nature of Bukkit and CraftBukkit, not realising that the DMCA applies only to the latter.

3 Likes

Judging by this list, the community is going to be split into factions more than ever… :confused:
Most people seem to be just shooting for the stars hoping to be the next bukkit and becoming popular, of course a good portion of these projects will likely die early on anyways.

1 Like

@Inscrutable You are right. They also have a problem, they say they are clean-room but if they accept contributors they can’t know if the code submitted to them is clean-room or not. And there is no way for them to know unless they stop being clean-room.

Infinite loop!11!!

1 Like

I wrote an appraisal of some of the major ones, if one interests you I will take a look and update the post.

Hopefully most of these die or or discontinue once their developers realize just how massive of an undertaking programming a Minecraft server or modding API is. Sponge is the one with the most support(and progress, despite some people saying otherwise) so far, so I would bet on that.

1 Like

Most of them will die from lack(probably spelled this rong) of support
and than become private platforms

Why would you want them to die? Competition is good.

Of course competition is good, but I don’t think this is the best field to have it. We’re building APIs here, not capitalistic products. In a capitalist system, the amount of work wasted between competitors is made up in money earned from selling finished products; here, the work and effort wasted literally goes nowhere, into re-implementing pretty much the same thing(the Minecraft server or an API on top of it) again and again.

And of course there’s always the xkcd standards comic for reference. If there are too many competing APIs, mod support will be awful, because mods will be on different platforms that are incompatible.

Because of these above reasons, the competition will eventually fade away, though. MC players want as many compatible mods as possible, so they’ll flock and snowball to whoever has the most support, and the current most capable contender is the Sponge project.

Yes, they will fade away. Some. The others will drive eachother to create better products.

Windows
Linux
iOS

Why have you listed a few Operating Systems? This thread is a list of Minecraft Server software for 1.8 :stuck_out_tongue:

I know, its a joke :stuck_out_tongue:

Necropost much?

1 Like