New navbar on mobile

Yesterday I noticed a new navbar on the site, which is very cool. I thought it was getting closer to finishing when the new cookie plugin was installed :slight_smile:

However, it is slightly wonky on mobile. The navbar in itself is slightly higher than the previous one, and overlaps the top buttons of the page:

Additionally, the dropdown menu looks… weird at best. Have a gander: :stuck_out_tongue:

Everything but the first five buttons are pushed off screen to the right, and it is not possible to scroll.

I am using a Galaxy Note 4 with 5.1.1, and Chrome 49.0.2623.105, if that is at all relevant :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That is exciting and not at all intended. Oops.

2 Likes

Should be fixed in Mobile fixes · lukegb/discourse-spongepowered-navbar@dc76795 · GitHub and deployed as of Discourse Updates - #51 by system

Some improvements to the navbar are hopefully coming soon, to make clicking on the links on mobile less of a chore. I think the best way of getting to the navbar at the moment is just-tapping-right-on-the-edge of the chevron, but that’s a bit of a pain…

2 Likes