New profile layout

So I just noticed that the layout for profiles has changed a bit.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Do you think it’s bad or good? I personally like it better.

4 Likes

Email addresses are a bit transparent, I hope they aren’t easily bot-harvested. Otherwise, seems more efficient use of space.
[EDIT]: Email only visible on your own page, so NP.

Apparently they made the things more fancy when you click a persons avatar too.

2 Likes

Note also that moderators/admins must click to show your email, so they don’t get dumped on the wire on public WiFi or anything (although that is more of a concern for non-HTTPS forums). This action is also logged.

1 Like

I like the new popup thing when you click a users avatar, although the fact that it has a black background makes it not fit into the page very well.

1 Like

I really like the new feature that you can have backgrounds, love that <3

That wasn’t actually a new feature - I just finally remembered I was going to turn it back on… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

oh lol xD

1 Like

Also apparently I just noticed we can have profile header images now… not sure if this is just for older members or if everyone can do this but I like it. :smile:

It’s at least for the Member rank (Trust level 2), as I also have it. Additionally, to build on our dear skald’s post, this is a thing now:

Aaw yiss, mother loving user card backgrounds.

1 Like

Yeah it’s so cool, now we just need the ability to follow other users and stuff XD

2 Likes