New to servers need some help

So i host a pixelmon server on nodecraft.com for me and my friends and i’m fairly new to this. I wanted to add some plugins so i tried to install spongeforge for my server and it either doesn’t load the mods or it just doesn’t let anyone connect, can somebody run me through how to set it up with pixelmon so i can start using plugins. I use a hosting service so I can’t find any tutorials to help me. Someone help

Could you please provide a log when sponge and pixelmon are both added? Just add both then lauch the server. After that a new file will be created found in /logs/latest.log

Just open that file, copy the text inside and then paste it to a site such as pastebin and then send us the link to it

No folder called logs is there or has been created

I’d try asking your host to send you the log files for sponge. If they ask where the logs should be, tell them the logs should be at
$MC_SERVER_DIR/logs/debug.log

They might be able to shed further light on where your logs exist with them.

how would i go about doing that, on their support page?

I would request it in the live chat they offer, they will either point you to the right direction or get the file.

https://nodecraft.com/support

Just click live chat

1 Like

they said they couldn’t find the files i was looking for

Did you request both debug.log and latest.log? For every server i have ran its been latest.log.

If it still isnt there, then are you able to modify the launch script? Or download all your files?

Quote ‘To be honest I’m not sure I’ve never seen or heard of a debug.log being referred to. I know there is a latest.log file within the file manager but I did not see it and am not sure how to access it if you can’t find it there. Have you started the server at all?’ and yes i can download and modify things

If you download the server, launch the server from your local computer and then copy and paste the console log to paste.

That will give out a latest.log like output.

i can’t find the bat file to start the server, do you know what it’ll be called?

Due to the fact its from a host (could be running on a linux environment or could launch your server from another program) it may not have one.

So create one. It doesnt matter what it is called. Here is the launch code

java -jar Forge.jar

Note, change Forge.jar to whatever your forge file is called

which one would be most beneficial, latest or debug?

Personally latest would for myself as 9 times out of 10 we can find the issue from it and its much smaller to upload and read

The error seems to be coming from pixelmon itself. Its requesting a part of forge that isnt there, maybe its out of date? Or your forge is out date.

Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.ReflectionHelper.getPrivateValue(Ljava/lang/Class;Ljava/lang/Object;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/lang/Object;
at com.pixelmonmod.pixelmon.entities.pixelmon.EntityPixelmon.<clinit>(EntityPixelmon.java:91) ~[EntityPixelmon.class:?]

so what do you suppose i do about it?

Just coping and pasting the error into google it poped out with someone else who had the same issue and found that the error was caused by the version of forge not being correct.

What I would do is get the forge version that your version of pixelmon supports, after that then get the sponge version that works on that version of forge then try to run the server again

Tell us if you have any other issues? Or the current issue isnt resolved

only one problem now, i get this error message Error: Unable to access jarfile pixelmon-7.0.7.jar