NoAdver | Automated advertising blocker

#NoAdver
This is a multi-API plugin that runs on bukkit and sponge. And is designed to automatic block advertising. It checks the urls on 3 ways:

• Checks if the url has a open port on 25565
  • Checks if the url is an enjin website
  • Scans the website after an url that has 25565 open (multithreaded + you get a message when this occurs)

It also checks these things for urls:

• Chat (done!)
  • Signs
  • Books
  • Anvil

Github Repo

10 Likes

Nice work!

What it can not do is block other minecraft server websites or shortlinks, but I think that goes too far.

Also think about excluding the url of the server the plugin is running on, and partner servers (whitelist in config).

3 Likes

Yeah I was thinking about that xD. But I thought I could make something autmatic that the minecraft server can figure out what his hostname is. Still thinking about that. I like things to be configless ;).

Why specifically enjin? :stuck_out_tongue:

Well lets say you wanna start a minecraft server. What would be your temporary/final solution for a website?
But if you know other minecraft website hosts xD?

There is a incomplete open sourced one called Minecraft Server Engine(for lack of a better name) That Iā€™m working on, Itā€™ll have hosting(not free) but anyone will be able to run the source(As long as itā€™s not on shared hosting) Itā€™s going so well I may even need a java dev soon! (for the server management statistics.

Most certainly not enjin :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

For a Server website, I would use the services of my server hoster, or a generic web space provider.

4 Likes

Wouldnā€™t the check be a terrible security hole for servers that are behind ddos protections that hide the true ip?

The attacker could find out the hidden ip by simply setting up a web server on port 25565 and logging the connections.

1 Like

also the same for bungeecord networks without proper setup.

You also need to make it follow SRV records. Frankly I think this will be bypassed as easy as current ones. Just replacing the . with another character or just spaces.

Hmmm if you want I can make a web service (that can be called from another server) for that plugin to call. But wouldnā€™t that be a a overkill XD.

HI thomas15v,

Your code is great, I looked at the source. I am the owner of a small server and I took some code snippits out of your code and patched it into my code. I kept your package name the same, though. The plugins I make will be private and obfuscated, so people canā€™t get their hands on my code. Thank you for this great piece of code.

~ frogocomics

PS My username on PMC is frogocomics. My username on the Forums is frogocomicsā€¦ so onnn

2 Likes

Thanks I appreciate that !! :smiley:. This code doesnā€™t has a licence. And I honestly donā€™t care if people use it to make their own plugins with :stuck_out_tongue:. I need to find time to update this honestly.

(I prob need to take English lessons to, 2 times honestly :trollface:)

1 Like

You should declare a license, to make it clear what folks can and canā€™t do with your code. If you want them to do anything without restriction, thereā€™s a license for that. If you want to be credited, thereā€™s a license for that.

3 Likes

ā€˜sneaks in, steals code and runsā€™

Weeeee

Jk, :wink:

1 Like

Yeah I thought having no licence is ā€œnolicenceā€ on github. But I have added a GPL3.0 on it. I like to see what people do with it, so I could improve it tho.

I recommend MIT.

4 Likes

Use GPL2.0 if you are after that. GPL3 has some weird shit going on according to Linus Torvalds.

I agree.

Hmm so far I see MIT is used for big community project like sponge. So that in case the devā€™s donā€™t feel like working on it anymore, other people are allowed to take it over. But ok lol I set it to MIT xd. Not that I care to mutch about a licence :smile:. IT ARE MINECRAFT PLUGINS PEOPLE!!!

@thomas15v Yes, and open-source Minecraft plugins are usually published with a license ;).