Not letting players connect, spongeforge errors

Hey there!

So I will admit I am quite new to Sponge so I will try to sum up my process and resulting problem quickly. I got my mod pack set up, then got a vanilla server up for 1.12. Got forge (forge-1.12.2-14.23.5.2815-universal.jar) successfully installed, then decided i wanted plugins. Great, all is well so far. I understand sponge is the best place to go, so I grab the newest version (spongeforge-1.12.2-2768-7.1.5.jar) and install it since I am using the latest forge version. I place my plugins from the sponge website (aha this one tripped me up a bit) into the server and it works like a charm!! …for about a day. Now nobody can log in and this is the error I get when they join. 11.03 05:16:05 [Server] User Authenticator #3/INFO UUID of player <snip> is <sni - Pastebin.com

Help would GREATLY be appreciated. I really hope its not my forge version, crossing my fingers.

As a first suggestion, remove Journeymap from the server. Something about it’s permissions is tripping things up during login, as shown by
11.03 05:16:15 [Server] INFO io.netty.handler.codec.EncoderException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Undefined discriminator for message type journeymap.common.network.DimensionPermissionPacket in channel jm_dim_permission
It’s possible it is a configuration problem, or simply conflicts with SpongeForge on the server.

This is fixed in the latest version of JourneyMap, which has been out for about a week now

1 Like