Nucleus: The Ultimate Essentials Plugin (MC 1.10.2, 1.11.2, 1.12.2)

We’ve been having a lot of issues with the ban system. We ban their player name and then they can simply change their username and log back in. Can you configure this so it bans then by their UUID?

I could really use a /butcher command that kills everything, passive, hostile and dropped entities if possible.
I used a mod that made bunnies breed automatically. Turned out i’m overrun with rabbits all around my base, hundreds.
I have removed the mod, but can’t seem to find a command to kill them all.

1 Like

/minecraft:kill @e[type=Rabbit]

1 Like

Thank You lots. I’ve been searching for hours.

@Michael_Ware I simply get their game profile, which contains their UUID, and I ban them using that. Are you in offline mode?

I’m going to be honest, that made me laugh quite loud. Who knew such a mod existed?

Yeah, a butcher command is planned, along with finer control on /kill.

1 Like

Is there are way to display usernames in the motd? Like when someone joins, the motd says something like welcome to the server {player}. I havent found anything in the documentation

@Fox No, but it’s a simple change for me to do that. I’ll make sure that’s possible in the next feature release.

1 Like

@dualspiral Uh, thats nice. Thanks a lot

Hey 0.11.0 with SF 1781 and i’m getting interact block event errors. Think it needs updating to latest API?

Can you give me the errors you’re getting?

There was a recent Sponge change which meant that I was fetching the type serialisers too early, so it couldn’t read the files, and when it goes to save them, it fails. I think I have a fix, all being well I’ll get it out tonight when I’m not at work.

Related:

https://github.com/NucleusPowered/Nucleus/issues/411

https://github.com/NucleusPowered/Nucleus/issues/412

I’m using the latest build and whenever I use RTP, I get teleported within blocks near the surface. I have the surface-only option set to true, is anyone else having this problem?

Not sure why but my server has random tick loops where this is spammed in console:

[23:59:57] [pool-2-thread-238/INFO]: aaPakaa has been kicked for being AFK too long.

It doesn’t happen very often, but your plugin is the only thing I have messing with the afk timers.

This is the version I am using: Nucleus-0.8.0-S4-1.8.9-plugin.jar

Sponge Version: spongeforge-1.8.9-1890-4.2.0-BETA-1693.jar

Pixelmon: 4.2.7

Spongevanilla 1.10.2 5.0-beta 137
mods/Nucleus-0.11.0-S5-1.10.2-plugin.jar
PEX-Sponge - no idea what version # it is, but I just downloaded the latest version about 5 days ago, be it days or months old --there is no way to tell its versioning info in the log/commands???

Struggled with this quite a bit, can’t see the issue – tried setting a multi-home limit of 3 for my testers but they can make infinite numbers of them, and I’m not issuing the infinite homes permission. Even if i strip the homes option out of the permissions file, and reset, reload, reboot everything (a process I do to make sure I’m not missing a “you need to reload pex before doing that before saving from and…” involvement…) — they can make infnite homes.

Testers are all Playtester ranks - its the only thing they seem to have permission to do unexpectedly, its not like they have “ops” permissions or widespread somehow , cause everything else they try hits no-permission for command usage, etc - its just the multihomes.
I even tried with having the list home permissions removed, but they can still make multiple ones and call them directly /home alpha /home beta …

Is there something in my water supply, or ??

Considering that as is, VIRTUALLY NOTHING is setup for the testers to make use of from nucleus, so if its not a er-duh on my part I just can’t see…is it possible other parfts of the plugin indirectly supress certain permissions?

Whups - actually including the pastebin I made would help:

Aha, sublte! You have "nucleus.home.set": 1, it should be "nucleus.home.set.base": 1, thanks to Sponge’s permissions inheritance system being implicit.

(Thanks for all the info, made it easy to help!)

@Ownerino Are you using 1.8? I’m looking at backporting a Sponge patch I contributed to Nucleus to try to avoid that. If not, that’s not good.

@IBG_Nova What does your afk section in main.conf look like?

afk {
# If true, the server will announce when players go AFK, even when vanished. If false, only non-vanished players can go AFK.
afk-when-vanished=false
# The amount of time, in seconds, of inactivity before the player will be marked as AFK. Set to 0 to disable, or use the permission “nucleus.afk.exempt.toggle”.
afktime=300
# The amount of time, in seconds, of inactivity before the player will be kicked. Set to 0 to disable, or use the permission “nucleus.afk.exempt.kick”.
afktimetokick=600
# If true, any player that tries to use a command that might require the target to do something will be told if the target is AFK.
alert-on-command-send=true
# If any of the messages tht would be broadcast to the server are blank, they will not be sent.
messages {
# The message sent to a player when kicked for inactivity.
kick-message-to-player=“You have been kicked for being AFK for too long.”
on-afk="&7*&f{{displayname}} &7has gone AFK."
on-command="&f{{displayname}} &7is currently AFK and may not respond quickly."
on-kick="&f{{displayname}} &7has been kicked for being AFK too long."
on-return="&7*&f{{displayname}} &7is no longer AFK."
}
}

ah, interesting… at some pont, I botched entering permissions to pex then… and didn’t clean out the ‘invalid’ ones… and it turns out there are no ‘invalid’ ones in pex if they are a parent-root… sununva… thanks. Something to look out for, plus something i would hve never thought about and might have botched up in making nodes for one of my plugins…