Nucleus: The Ultimate Essentials Plugin (MC 1.10.2, 1.11.2, 1.12.2)

Hey Dualspiral, about 2 weeks ago you were assisting me with my chat and how I could make multiple prefixes show. You said you would investigate and I do know you are busy with personal things, I was just wondering how the investigation is going if you started.

Here is the last thing I said about the issues I was having

“I ran the pex command for each staff rank and added the staffrank tags wherever I want them to appear. When I add a player to a staff rank and another rank with a prefix it still only shows the highest weight prefix, not both of the prefixes. Here is the updates chat module:”

pastebin.com1

how soon? :3
i building server to launch and wanna use that plugin :3

Ask him on the ProjectInventories forum thread, please.

1 Like

Not sure yet. There’s an issue I was hoping to get resolved before release. Soon though.

Further communication can take place on my thread. Sorry @dualspiral

1 Like

Hey! I’ve encountered an issue when I tried to use the command /world gen in my main world. After the plugin generates about 50% of the world, the server stops immediately, printing this error:

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: INFO: os::commit_memory(0x00000006ece80000, 736624640, 0) failed; error='Cannot allocate memory' (errno=12)
#
# There is insufficient memory for the Java Runtime Environment to continue.
# Native memory allocation (mmap) failed to map 736624640 bytes for committing reserved memory.
# An error report file with more information is saved as:
# 

Here is the error file

I suppose that the plugin keeps the chunks in RAM while it generates more until it runs out of memory. Maybe the solution would be to save the world at set intervals and free the memory afterwards.

Another thing that I would like to suggest is to implement a command to delete any chunk generated outside the world border (something like /world crop) so the chunk don’t show in plugins like dynmap and also to save disk space.

And the last one and less important, I noticed that in the Nucleus main config, at line ~216 it says that you have to set the modules to ENABLE or DISABLE, but they’re set to ENABLED, it’s just a comment but it may be misleading :slight_smile:.

That’s all! Thank you for this great plugin, it makes things much easier!

@TacticalTickler Still not sure what’s going on, not had a huge amount of time to devote to it yet, sorry.

@Vontus Thanks for the kind words, to address your specific concerns:

• It’s actually a Sponge problem because the standard world generation is actually a Sponge thing. I wrote an experimental Mixin plugin for 1.10.2 to sidestep this, fixing what you’ve suggested, with the goal of submitting it to Sponge - so far, it seems to be working alright with the exception of a few mods and watchdog problems, but that’s part of the goal of using this separate mixin - to weed out these issues. NucleusMixins is available on the release page, install that like a normal mod and give world generation a go.
  • World cropping/trimming has been proposed - Add World Trimming · Issue #259 · NucleusPowered/Nucleus · GitHub - but it might take some time to introduce it, there are other features that I’d like to get in first, notably tickets and schedulers.
  • Oops. Don’t write documentation whilst tired! :slight_smile:

If you have armor in your hat inventory slot and type /hat it will replace it and the item will be gone

Looking for any recommendations.
I have multiple worlds (using PJW) and I would like to have first join kits or something of that sort for each world. So that a player may acquire the proper first join kit per world. Any recommendations or help is appreciated, thank you

@Michael_Ware - good to know. I’ll make sure I patch that, thank you for letting me know.

@IssacRunGood

I don’t have any real appetite to make first join kits per world, as in vanilla Minecraft, you have one inventory for all worlds, and I see little use of having a first join kit per world if you have one inventory only. If you are using ProjectInventories, I’d actually suggest that @TrenTech should add initial inventories into there - I think that would be a better fit. I’ll more than happily work with him to achieve this if he wants some help.

Short term, depends on your permissions plugin and if it allows per-world permissions. I’d create a series of one time use kits for each world, and use your permissions plugin to restrict the permissions for each kit to a world using contexts (allow in one world, deny in all others). Then, instruct the player to redeem the kit when they first spawn in the world somehow.

I don’t know the specifics of how each permission plugin works, you should ask each of them for how to set world specific permissions.

Having an issue with /skull command, seems to only give me a Steve head and is also Steve when I place it down, any idea what is wrong?

Is there a way to ban /gm 3?

Hmm. That’s an interesting concept. The next update of PJI is a complete overhaul but I wrote it to give me the ability for feature expansion so it would be possible, but I’d have to think about exactly how to do it. Whereas the current release focuses mainly on multi world support and nothing more, the next version goes further making multi world support just one possible by not required feature.

I’m going to spend some time seeing what I can come up with in the coming days but in the mean time further discussion can be directly to my PJI thread. @dualspiral sorry I keep hijacking yours :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

@TrenTech Project inventories can do something comparable to what I’m trying to accomplish?
Thanks for reply

@ccur_14 I think that’s more of a Sponge bug, I find it’s activated by not having the player that you’re trying to get the skull of online at the time. That said, it actually does get their skin, I’ve restarted the server after running that command and the skin is suddenly correct.

There is a way to make /skull use Minecraft’s /give command, in main.conf, turn items.skull.use-minecraft-command to true, that’ll workaround the visual issue, if this bothers you.

@anon34495435 Nope, though I think that could be useful and have an idea on how to do that.

@IssacRunGood Best to ask @TrenTech on his thread, but he doesn’t have it now, I’m suggesting it would be better there.

@dualspiral Add permissions for commands /gm (survival | creative | adventure | spectator)

@dualspiral I figured out the multi preifx issue I was having, now I have another question. If I want to update to newer version of nucleus, how can I keep my old configs?

I got a report that players without the permission node for coloring chat are able to color chat by doing double &s. For example &3Hi wouldn’t work for those without perm, but &&3Hi would.

@TacticalTickler You should keep a backup, but Nucleus will upgrade your configuration in place, things won’t break. Nucleus will automatically upgrade any config options in the config file where it needs to do so, keeping your customisations intact. Just replace the plugin jar.

@SnowBlitzz I’ve pushed a fix to the main branch, if you want to pull the version off TeamCity (in about 5 minutes) and try that, that should solve your problem. It’s got a fix to /hat too which I’ll release a maintainence version for once I get the chance to do so.

1 Like

I’m making the firstjoin kit. Question is, if I made a book of some sort. Let’s say a server guide and add it to the kit. Would it get added? If not then how?

You can add a signed book to the first join kit like any other item - use /firstjoinkit edit to add it.