Nucleus: The Ultimate Essentials Plugin (MC 1.10.2, 1.11.2, 1.12.2)

It’s worth making sure others don’t get forgotten too. @HassanS6000 has pitched in when he can, so thanks to him, and thanks to everyone who had tested and picked out the bugs so far!

2 Likes

I am not sure if this is an issue on my end or not, but when i try to use /realname . Nothing pops up no error nothing.

Alot of Modules and stuff are not acting right for me. I’ve enabled kits but its unknown command?
Also when trying to regenerate the latest version from scratch it only generates the modules list for enable/disable but nothing else.

Ontop of that I’ve got warp module disabled and its still using the commands in game for that module which takes priority over essentialscmds one.

It really really shouldn’t be, EssentialsCmds registers the commands way before Nucleus does, by design. Test with /nucleus:warp.

Very odd. I wonder if EssentialCmds is playing a part in this, having two essentials plugins isn’t always a good idea. As for kits, I’ll try to test that when I get chance tonight.

It’s not added yet, I must have forgotten to remove the command placeholder. Sorry!

There are a few reasons i still have essentialscmds.

1. the clickable warps to teleport rather then delete them
  2. the ability to colorize the name variable with join messages
  3. the randomtp feature
  4. The spawn module was acting up and also saying that there is no commands for it.

Essentialscmds doesn’t have any kits in it i dont think; it required a subplugin of his called Kits which wasn’t even added to my list of plugins.

Oh its fine I just thought I was doing something wrong lol.

Could you elaborate a bit further on this one? Not sure what you mean - if you are talking about clicking on the list of warps, it should not be deleting them, it should be warping to them.

As for your other points, if these are things that are important to you, then we’ll get them in sooner rather than later.

I’m still concerned about the issues you are having, I’ll try to see if I can replicate the problems and come up with a fix.

I think he means he’d rather keep the clickable warps rather than removing them(?)

Anyway the namecolor feature, looking forward to it. It’s a small feature but for some reason it’s the only thing holding me back from migrating fully to nucleus

Oh, @Khaoz - do you mean clickable signs that let you warp?

Yes. I was about to say the same thing. Ive got my perms migrated on a backup file, but no sign warps is the only thing stopping me. and name color.

We will make that a priority then!

3 Likes

Awesome! :blush:

It’s strange how such a small feature is holding everyone back but that’s just how it is XD Awesome

1 Like

Absolutely, but by telling us, we prioritise it! I’d rather get this ship sailing quicker, and anyone who helps even test or suggest things makes that happen!

We’re just volunteers, you are the guys running the servers who have a good idea on what you need!

For reference, the tickets are:

1 Like

For some reason I’m having an issue with the spawn and warp module all-together when i disabled essentialscmds and only use nuclues. It just tells me that its not a command. and its still only generating the modules enable/disable when i try a new config. meaning this is all that it generates:
modules {
admin=ENABLED
afk=ENABLED
back=ENABLED
ban=ENABLED
blacklist=ENABLED
chat=ENABLED
command-logger=ENABLED
connection-messages=ENABLED
environment=ENABLED
fun=ENABLED
home=ENABLED
ignore=ENABLED
info=ENABLED
item=ENABLED
jail=ENABLED
jump=ENABLED
kick=ENABLED
kit=ENABLED
mail=ENABLED
message=ENABLED
misc=ENABLED
mob=ENABLED
mute=ENABLED
nickname=ENABLED
playerinfo=ENABLED
powertool=ENABLED
rules=ENABLED
sign=ENABLED
spawn=ENABLED
staff-chat=ENABLED
teleport=ENABLED
vanish=ENABLED
warp=ENABLED
world=ENABLED
}

and what module is the MOTD under? Idk which to not disable to keep it if spawn/warps arent going to work with nucleus i have to keep essentialscmds on

MOTD is under “info”.

i have that module enabled and it doesnt work… is it meant to generate more then just the modules in the main config?

Yes, it’s meant to generate loads of configs, so it’s breaking somewhere before it gets to that point. What this means is that something is failing during startup, and in the console, there should be a big error message sometime after one of the following messages:

Nucleus is now starting. Entering pre-init phase.

Nucleus is now loading and enabling modules. This may take a few seconds.
Entering phase: PREENABLE
Entering phase: ENABLE
Entering phase: POSTENABLE

There may be a line that says

Nucleus was unable to load modules and has aborted loading.

Do you have that to hand? If you have your log, put it into pastebin and we’ll see if we can spot what’s going on.

EDIT: Also, what is your SpongeForge/SpongeVanilla version?

SpongeForge: spongeforge-1.8.9-1808-4.1.0-BETA-1282