Nucleus: The Ultimate Essentials Plugin (MC 1.10.2, 1.11.2, 1.12.2)

Hello, Just looking into a minor bug. When I do the command /tp then type tab it shows every player even if they are offline even tho I have the permission to set tp to offline set to false. It is a minor inconvenience and if it is too much trouble for you it is no big deal but I was just wondering if you knew about this and where planning to fix it. If you cant or are to busy I understand because there are much more important things but I was just curious on the situation. Thanks

for some reason when i try to import some of my other worlds, instead of actually importing the world its just creating/overwriting everything.

@Elementdragon0 0.28 fixes it. Turns out it was a really common complaint!

@Khaoz Hmm, not great. I’ll have to look into it in more detail.

Hi everyone,

Yesterday, I joined the Sponge team. Whilst I’m looking forward to being able to help the Sponge ecosystem in a new way, it means that I will be spending a fair amount of time on Sponge itself. This does not mean I will be dropping Nucleus, far from it - it’s an important plugin to me and I want it to succeed, but now is the time that I need to pull together a team so I can remove a single point of failiure.

I am aware that Nucleus is not a conventionally developed plugin. It is developed to eliminiate boilerplate code and push all the boring stuff out of the way. It has harmed my contribution rate, however - so I am beginning to create a contribution guide to hopefully make this a true plugin for the community, by the community! :smiley: I also hope to pull some of the techniques I’ve developed into Sponge, if it makes sense to do so in agreement with everyone in that team, so it helps everyone.

As for teams, as well as a development team, I’d like a docs team that manages documentation on Ore and the website - and will triage issues on the Github issues. I will approach some members of the Discord channel in due course, but I also want to make it clear that anyone’s contributions are welcome.

I will be discussing this all in the Discord channel as time goes on. Please chime in there with any help you think you’d like to give, or just things that you think about Nucleus in general that we can address. You can join us on Discord here.

My tentative plans are to make this release cycle mostly about bug fixes and API cleanup, then I want to release 1.0, so developers building off Nucleus’ API have a stable API to use.

I would like to thank everyone who has contributed, either code, support, ideas, anything, and everyone who continues to use Nucleus. Lets move it from great, to awesome - and I hope you can all help me with that!

8 Likes

Already said it on discord but congratulations again man! :grinning:

Hi, I notice that Nucleus ist working on a Client Server. Can you fix this please? Thanks

lol you literally gave no information as to why it isnt working. Can’t expect help with minimal effort on your end.

LOL Because the Script does not provide 4 it to Run on a Client Server … yet. :grinning:

Notice of feature removal: Blacklist

In future versions, Nucleus will no longer support the item blacklist. It doesn’t see any maintainence, and it is littered with issues, including not supporting metadata and other bugs which can render the list ineffective. Nucleus is also not, and never will be, intended as a protection plugin.

Thus we will work on removing the feature, and providing a migration path to GriefPrevention. I also invite other protection plugins to contact us and provide a migration path so that they can support the blacklist data.

I apologise to those of you who use the blacklist in Nucleus, but it’s one of those features we’ve never done well, and we feel that our time is better spent on other features, whilst the protection plugins that already do a much better job can take over and innovate in this area.

For those of you who want to follow the blacklist tracking issue, please see the assocated ticket: Remove Blacklist module · Issue #822 · NucleusPowered/Nucleus · GitHub

3 Likes

are there sign commands? like shop signs weather and time ect

Shop signs no. Weather and time yes. There’s a lot more.

I know it has been brought up before, but do you have any intentions of adding a censor/filter to the plugin? It seems other censor plugins are no longer being maintained, at least not any I can find, and we are in desperate need of one.

Pwnfilter works just fine

Honestly, I don’t think it’s something that will make it in any time soon, if at all. We’ve recently taken the decision to move the blacklist out of Nucleus because it was an inferior solution and a level of protection that nearly every other bulkier, better protection plugin has, and nearly all of you will be using one of these plugins anyway. It wasn’t worth our time maintaining such a solution.

Chat filtering is from a similar cloth - we could add it, but I do not think it would be nearly as extensible or useful as, say, as a PwnFilter replacement - we’re trying to support a lot in this plugin, and chat filtering can be really intricate. I’m really keen to NOT make Nucleus a one stop plugin for everything, I want to provide essentials and try not to bloat the system too much and focus on making the core essentials much better.

I think I want to encourage another plugin to take up the mantle of chat filtering. I am willing to work with said plugin if they wish, however.

2 Likes

I’m having trouble, i dont see anywhere how im supposed to set users to a group, can someone help?

You need a permissions plugin to assign groups and permissions

Hi,

Can I use this plugin with my groups so I can block default group / new visitors from been able to edit the world until they are promoted:

EG - Stranger Group = Default as *deny.build
member, Mod, Admin = allow.build

I know the above permissions node’s are not real but I am trying to replicate this style of world-protected I used to have long ago when I had a server running bukkit/Worldguard which are dead these days.

Can this be done with LuckyPerms and the use of this plugin?

@dualspiral
Can I have the courtesy of a reply, please? Thanks

We have no clue of what you are talking about and what is not working. Could you provide your server setup, sponge and plugins version, logs ?

@Toothpick Sending me a PM is not a guarantee I’m going to see a message in two days, or only see it briefly while on the move. My personal life has meant I’ve been busy with other things, and I’ve just forgotten to respond after seeing it on my mobile. A better place to request such features is the Nucleus Github page, because that then gets logged and I look through that list every so often. So please, don’t be so rude and insulting as to suggest that I’m not being courteous to not reply, I am geniunely busy.

To answer your question, I need to fix a few bugs surrounding client servers. I plan to enable the functionallity once that’s sorted.

@shaggy2010 No, Nucleus does not provide world build protection. You may be better looking at something like GriefPrevention or FoxGuard.