Nucleus 0.28.0 for Minecraft 1.10.2
Nucleus 0.28.0 is available for Sponge API 5.1 and Sponge API 6-SNAPSHOT. Documentation can be found at http://nucleuspowered.org/docs (command and permission references should already be up to date).
This is mostly a bug fix release as we firm up the system for 1.0, but includes some feature updates. It’s also later than usual, because I’ve been on holiday for three weeks. Apologies, normal service should be resumed soon!
Nucleus Mixins, an optional companion plugin for Nucleus, is available for Sponge API 5 (Minecraft 1.10.2) servers, and will provide enhanced world generation by hooking into Minecraft internals (known as “NMS” to some players). It is entirely optional, and may not work on heavily modded servers. If you wish to turn off enhanced world generation mixins, you can do so by setting the relavent option in
Important Note about Nucleus Mixins: Nucleus Mixins is a mod not a plugin, that can be used on SpongeForge and SpongeVanilla servers. It MUST be in your MODS directory, NOT any other plugin directory.
If you’re having trouble, visit our Discord channel: https://discord.gg/MC2mAuS
Important Changes & Notices
There are no important notices for this version.
New alias for most root Nucleus commands
Most root Nucleus commands now have a new alias where
n is prefixed to the command name.
/world has had
/nworld for a while, now, commands like
/serverstat can be accessed with
New Module: Server List
The Server List module allows server owners to alter server list MOTD (the one that is displayed on the multiplayer server selection screen for Minecraft). The configuration for this is available in
main.conf, the section being
server-list. Note that the modification of server list messages is OFF by default.
The server list module allows you to do the following in the config:
- Hide vanished players from the player count (on by default)
- Hide the player count completely
- Define a set of messages that could be displayed to the player on server ping (one will be chosen by default)
- Define a set of messages that could be displayed to the player on server ping when it is whitelisted (one will be chosen by default)
This information can be displayed using the
/sl) command, optionally with the
-w flags to display the current messages and whitelist messages.
Temporary Server MOTDs
Just want to advertise a time limited event using the server list MOTD, but don’t want to forget to remove it? No problem, Nucleus is able to display a temporary server list MOTD that will disable itself after a specified period of time.
To create a temporary message, the following command can be used:
/sl m [-t <time in seconds/timespan format>] [-l [1|2]] [-r] <message>
-rwill remove any temporary message
-t [time]will define the amount of time the message will be available for. If a message is defined and one is currently not set without specifying this, the time will default to an hour.
-l [1|2]defines the line of the server list MOTD to set, defaulting to the first (1)
/sl m -t 1d -l 1 &aHello will set the server list MOTD to a green “Hello” on the first line for a day. This will override anything in the config, regardless of whether the whitelist is on or not, and will persist over restarts.
Customisable Whitelist message
The whitelist message shown to non-whitelisted players can be customised in
main.conf if the
connection module is enabled, by altering the
connection.whitelist-message config option.
Disable redemption messages on kits
The kits module has a new command:
/kit togglemessage <kit> <true|false>. If set to true for a kit, the player will not be notified when redeeming a kit, which may be useful in scenarioes where a kit is given automatically, and the server owner may not wish to inform the user of this.
Developers - API updates
Dependency (1.10.2): ‘io.github.nucleuspowered:nucleus-api:0.28.0-S5.1’
Dependency (1.11.2): ‘io.github.nucleuspowered:nucleus-api:0.28.0-S6.0’
This service allows plugins to get basic information about a player that Nucleus stores, including login and logout time.
Minor Changes & Enhancements
- Added current gamemode to
/world border resetto reset a world border to the defaults.
- Load unloaded (but not disabled) worlds when trying to warp to them, rather than failing.
- Add additional type serialisers (via Neutrino) to support more modded items.
- Disallow vanished users being targetted for
/hatlogic to work as intended in all game modes.
- Fixed mutliple formatting errors with the NucleusTextTemplate and URL formatter.
- Fixed staff chat not correctly parsing URLs in some cases.
- Fixed tab completion with
/tphereto favour online players, and not show offline players to those without permission.
- Fixed partial name completion for commands that accept nicknames and offline players.
- Stop the environment blacklist being overzealous when checking.
- There is an API, but this is subject to change.
- Sometimes, an incorrect custom prefix might be selected. Nucleus uses whatever the permission plugin hands back, check your inheritance with the permissions plugin.