Nucleus - The Ultimate Essentials Plugin

A new version has been released for Nucleus, it is available for download here.

Nucleus 1.0.1-LTS for Minecraft 1.11.2 and current bleeding versions for 1.12

For the version for Minecraft 1.10.2, click here.

This is a maintenence build for Nucleus 1.0.x LTS. This is a LONG TERM SUPPORT release - to recap, there are now two release trains.

• Standard versions: Work will continue on providing features like normal, the next feature build after 1.0 will be 1.1. These will be released semi-often with new features, but will not necessarily see bug fix point releases, except in the case of critcal bugs. There may be more daring changes on this branch now, as we will have an LTS branch with those who don’t need to take the risk.
  • LTS versions: The 1.0.x builds are designated LTS. Not all feature builds will become LTS builds, one will be designated every two months or so (most likely). The plan is that LTS builds will receive greater testing, and will be supported in a bug fix mode for longer, parallel to standard versions. The hope is that server owners that don’t like to update for fear of breakages will use LTS versions and be supported with a bug fix, low risk development train.

Only one LTS release branch will be supported at a time, support for a previous LTS branch will end when a new LTS feature build is pushed.

Release Notes

Important Note about Nucleus Mixins: Nucleus Mixins is a mod not a plugin, that can be used on SpongeForge and SpongeVanilla servers. It MUST be in your MODS directory, NOT any other plugin directory.

If you’re having trouble, visit our Discord channel: https://discord.gg/MC2mAuS

API update: new event

A new event was added: NucleusRTPEvent.SelectedLocation, allowing plugins to reject a location when a player is attempting to RTP.

This has been added as it did not affect any other system. It will also be present in the upcoming 1.1 release.

Bugfixes

• Fixed /back requiring -f
  • Fixed warping not honouring the required rotation

Known Issues

• Sometimes, an incorrect custom prefix might be selected. Nucleus uses whatever the permission plugin hands back, check your inheritance with the permissions plugin.
  • The use of Boop causes issues with staff chat formatting.

Commit History

Nucleus 1.0.1-LTS for Minecraft 1.10.2

For the version for Minecraft 1.11.2 and current bleeding builds of 1.12, click here.

This is a maintenence build for Nucleus 1.0.x LTS. This is a LONG TERM SUPPORT release - to recap, there are now two release trains.

• Standard versions: Work will continue on providing features like normal, the next feature build after 1.0 will be 1.1. These will be released semi-often with new features, but will not necessarily see bug fix point releases, except in the case of critcal bugs. There may be more daring changes on this branch now, as we will have an LTS branch with those who don’t need to take the risk.
  • LTS versions: The 1.0.x builds are designated LTS. Not all feature builds will become LTS builds, one will be designated every two months or so (most likely). The plan is that LTS builds will receive greater testing, and will be supported in a bug fix mode for longer, parallel to standard versions. The hope is that server owners that don’t like to update for fear of breakages will use LTS versions and be supported with a bug fix, low risk development train.

Only one LTS release branch will be supported at a time, support for a previous LTS branch will end when a new LTS feature build is pushed.

Release Notes

Important Note about Nucleus Mixins: Nucleus Mixins is a mod not a plugin, that can be used on SpongeForge and SpongeVanilla servers. It MUST be in your MODS directory, NOT any other plugin directory.

API update: new event

A new event was added: NucleusRTPEvent.SelectedLocation, allowing plugins to reject a location when a player is attempting to RTP.

This has been added as it did not affect any other system. It will also be present in the upcoming 1.1 release.

Bugfixes

• Fixed /back requiring -f
  • Fixed warping not honouring the required rotation

Known Issues

• Sometimes, an incorrect custom prefix might be selected. Nucleus uses whatever the permission plugin hands back, check your inheritance with the permissions plugin.
  • The use of Boop causes issues with staff chat formatting.

Commit History

I have an issue. I edit global.conf and try to tweak the entity activation range so that my minecolonies citizens will continue to move when they’re further than a full chunk away from me. No matter what I change the variables to (currently 256) they continue to stop movement after roughly 32 blocks.

I turned entity activation ranges off and they move all herkey jerkey. So now I have to just follow the citizens around to get them to do anything which defeats the purpose.

Does anyone have any experience tweaking these variables? I could use some help.

EDIT - wrong forum sorry

How do i set the ammount off homes players could make?

like i want default to have max 1 set home other ranks for exampled 3 home’s and so on

May I suggest actually reading the Nucleus Docs rather than everyone asking the same questions over and over? Homes and limits are explained very well there.

:wink: i have been reading the docs over and over again either i am overlooking something or i am just blind

Did you click the link? Because it’s literally the first section at that link.

From the page I linked above:

Limiting the number of homes
By default, all users will only be able to set one home. This can be changed by using a permissions plugin that supports setting options. You can set an arbitary number of homes by setting the option home-count to the number of homes you wish the player/group to have.

The examples provided are for PEX, but the command for Luckperms is almost the same (and it also has excellent docs). For luckperms, it would be /lp group (groupname) meta set home-count (#-of-homes)
(and something similar for users).

1 Like

You can click the LuckPerms button to the right to switch the command to show the LuckPerms equivalent. I’ll probably make that the default soon, as PEX will not really function at all in API 7/1.12 due to the permission API changes.

1 Like

[u]ok i noticed the plugin is not loading at all i even tried it on a new server made me op tried /rtp and all i get is

i even noticed some other plugins not loading either even tough is a clean install o_O

fml-server-latest.log - Pastebin.com fml latest server.log[/u]

reopened

[Edit]

Scratch this :slight_smile: its working now

Hi, I’m French, sorry for my English level :stuck_out_tongue:
I wanted to know if there was a version available for 1.8.9

I’ve been looking for the equivalent to the /butcher command and it appears that it is /kill @e. Where is a reference that will teach us about selectors and how to use them appropriately?

Also, could we have an alias for this to be able to use /butcher again?

Very interesting, thanks @ryantheleach! Unfortunately I’m not seeing a clear path to just select HOSTILE mobs, e.g., when I did @e sans type qualifier, it wiped out other kinds of entities as well such as armor models / holders. One can see “Hostile mobs” (as opposed to Passive mobs) as a section here: https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Data_values#Entity_IDs

So is there a way to target just “Hostile mobs” without targeting passive mobs and other entity types?

Also, is there a way to issue a radius? I’m assuming that it would be issued via /kill @e[type=TYPE, r=R] (where R is the number of blocks to be in the butcher / kill zone sphere).

I’m about to issue a Nucleus update that will allow you to do just that. The command in 1.1 will be:

/killentity -r <radius> hostile

1 Like

That’s really good to hear @dualspiral.

Is there a way to (or planned) create aliases a la bash as well so as to make local server commands such as /cmd_alias butcher="killentity -r 50 hostile"? It seems to me that a lot of issues could be resolved via the ability to make such aliases.

Not in Nucleus, but I think there are plugins that can possibly do that already. I think one is called “Aliases”? Might be worth a search on the forums to see if one of those plugins already does what you want!

Nucleus 1.1.0 for Minecraft 1.12.1 (experimental)

For the version for Minecraft 1.11.2, click here.

I am pleased to annouce the availability of Nucleus 1.1.0.

Note on future development

Due to upcoming huge changes in the Sponge API for 1.12.1 and subsequently 1.13, it’s become very apparent that trying to support three Minecraft versions with new feature updates is time consuming and very hard on me. There is a huge breaking change to come in API 7 that will break a lot of Nucleus (though it will be easy to update, don’t worry!) and trying to keep feature parity is going to be really hard.

As a result, I regret to annouce that this version (1.1) will be the last feature release for API 5 and API 6, that is, Minecraft 1.10.2 and 1.11.2. 1.1 will be designated LTS. Bug fixes will still be provided for a while for 1.10.2 and 1.11.2, and a limited feature set may be backported, however, all feature development will focus on 1.12.1+.

The benefit of this is that with the advances Sponge is making in API 7, a lot of legacy code that props up API 5 and 6 can be removed, and we can right some wrongs more easily. Kits, for example, are a bit of a mess in the back end, and it will be easier focusing on one version.

So, 1.10.2 and 1.11.2 support is not being completely dropped, but new features will now on;y be developed for Minecraft 1.12.1+.

Release Notes

Important Changes & Notices

Are you upgrading from Nucleus 0.x? Upgrade to 1.0.1 first.

Nucleus 1.1 removes a lot of old migration code that has been in the codebase since the very early days. 1.0.1 is the last version that contains this migration code, anyone updating directly from 0.x to 1.1 may not get a smooth migration.

Nucleus now runs on the client server

If you want to try Nucleus on a client server world, now you can. Please note that not much testing has gone into the plugin on the client, and it is not the focus of this plugin.

New Features

Server list: Whitelist only mode

In 1.0, Nucleus was able to alter the server list and offer a random MOTD to players, and could use a separate list for the whitelist. However, some players wanted Nucleus to only modify the serverlist if the whitelist was active. You can now do this, by setting server-list.modify-server-list-messages to whitelist in main.conf.

Added /killentity command

A more specific version of /kill, this command allows you to kill certain classes of entity, such as hostile mobs. The command format is:

/killentity [-r <radius>] <armorstand|hostile|passive|item|player>

The radius is optional, but encouraged.

Added AFK targets

Now, server owners can define what actions are counted when checking for activity. In main.conf, in the afk.triggers section, you can define whether an action, for example, rotating a player, would count as being active.

This should help those who use plugins that use the Nucleus AFK status to determine if a player is active, but players try to get around using AFK pools. In this scenario, set on-movement to false.

Added unmute and unjail permissions

Some servers like to separate out unmute and unjail from mute and jail permissions. Nucleus now does this, but you have to turn on the feature.

To turn on this feature, go to either the mute or jail module configs in main.conf, and set require-separate-unmute-permission or require-separate-unjail-permission to true, and reload the config. Your server will then check the permission nucleus.mute.unmute or nucleus.jail.unjail for unmuting and unjailing.

Added /msgtoggle

Players can now block private messages using the /msgtoggle command. However, this can be bypassed by anyone with the nucleus.msgtoggle.bypass permission.

Added /tellplain

This works in the same way as /plainbroadcast does, except it sends a message to a specific user. This also supports selectors, and can send a message to multiple players at once.

Developers - API updates

Repository: ‘http://repo.drnaylor.co.uk/artifactory/list/minecraft’.
Dependency (1.10.2): ‘io.github.nucleuspowered:nucleus-api:1.1.0-S5.1’
Dependency (1.11.2): ‘io.github.nucleuspowered:nucleus-api:1.1.0-S6.0’
Dependency (1.12.1): ‘io.github.nucleuspowered:nucleus-api:1.1.0-S7.0’

Addition of NucleusNicknameService

Developers can now change a player’s nickname as seen by Nucleus. Note that once Keys.DISPLAY_NAME is available, Nucleus will start attempting to migrate to that, for complete cross plugin compatibility.

Added an event for RTP when selecting a location to teleport to

Nucleus now fires the NucleusRTPEvent.SelectedLocation when it finds a location to teleport a player to during /rtp. Cancelling the event will tell /rtp to find somewhere else to teleport the player to.

Minor Changes & Enhancements

• Overhauled nicknames to be more robust
  • Allow Strings to be passed as the sender to the StaffChatMessageChannel
  • Added ability to provide a custom server full message.
  • Added ability to teleport outside of world border using the -b flag.
  • Added way to force connection messages to be sent to all players.

Bugfixes

• Fixed rotation not being set during teleports
  • Fixed the “nucleus_muted” context always being applied.
  • Protected against an NPE in /serverstat
  • Fix item name displaying “air” in /itembuy
  • Fixed god mode setting the food level way too high
  • Fixed /invsee and /ec modify permissions not working as intended.

Known Issues

1 Like

Nucleus 1.1.0 for Minecraft 1.11.2

For the version for Minecraft 1.12.1 (experimental), click here.

I am pleased to annouce the availability of Nucleus 1.1.0.

Note on future development

Due to upcoming huge changes in the Sponge API for 1.12.1 and subsequently 1.13, it’s become very apparent that trying to support three Minecraft versions with new feature updates is time consuming and very hard on me. There is a huge breaking change to come in API 7 that will break a lot of Nucleus (though it will be easy to update, don’t worry!) and trying to keep feature parity is going to be really hard.

As a result, I regret to annouce that this version (1.1) will be the last feature release for API 5 and API 6, that is, Minecraft 1.10.2 and 1.11.2. 1.1 will be designated LTS. Bug fixes will still be provided for a while for 1.10.2 and 1.11.2, and a limited feature set may be backported, however, all feature development will focus on 1.12.1+.

The benefit of this is that with the advances Sponge is making in API 7, a lot of legacy code that props up API 5 and 6 can be removed, and we can right some wrongs more easily. Kits, for example, are a bit of a mess in the back end, and it will be easier focusing on one version.

So, 1.10.2 and 1.11.2 support is not being completely dropped, but new features will now on;y be developed for Minecraft 1.12.1+.

Release Notes

Important Changes & Notices

Are you upgrading from Nucleus 0.x? Upgrade to 1.0.1 first.

Nucleus 1.1 removes a lot of old migration code that has been in the codebase since the very early days. 1.0.1 is the last version that contains this migration code, anyone updating directly from 0.x to 1.1 may not get a smooth migration.

Nucleus now runs on the client server

If you want to try Nucleus on a client server world, now you can. Please note that not much testing has gone into the plugin on the client, and it is not the focus of this plugin.

New Features

Server list: Whitelist only mode

In 1.0, Nucleus was able to alter the server list and offer a random MOTD to players, and could use a separate list for the whitelist. However, some players wanted Nucleus to only modify the serverlist if the whitelist was active. You can now do this, by setting server-list.modify-server-list-messages to whitelist in main.conf.

Added /killentity command

A more specific version of /kill, this command allows you to kill certain classes of entity, such as hostile mobs. The command format is:

/killentity [-r <radius>] <armorstand|hostile|passive|item|player>

The radius is optional, but encouraged.

Added AFK targets

Now, server owners can define what actions are counted when checking for activity. In main.conf, in the afk.triggers section, you can define whether an action, for example, rotating a player, would count as being active.

This should help those who use plugins that use the Nucleus AFK status to determine if a player is active, but players try to get around using AFK pools. In this scenario, set on-movement to false.

Added unmute and unjail permissions

Some servers like to separate out unmute and unjail from mute and jail permissions. Nucleus now does this, but you have to turn on the feature.

To turn on this feature, go to either the mute or jail module configs in main.conf, and set require-separate-unmute-permission or require-separate-unjail-permission to true, and reload the config. Your server will then check the permission nucleus.mute.unmute or nucleus.jail.unjail for unmuting and unjailing.

Added /msgtoggle

Players can now block private messages using the /msgtoggle command. However, this can be bypassed by anyone with the nucleus.msgtoggle.bypass permission.

Added /tellplain

This works in the same way as /plainbroadcast does, except it sends a message to a specific user. This also supports selectors, and can send a message to multiple players at once.

Developers - API updates

Repository: ‘http://repo.drnaylor.co.uk/artifactory/list/minecraft’.
Dependency (1.10.2): ‘io.github.nucleuspowered:nucleus-api:1.1.0-S5.1’
Dependency (1.11.2): ‘io.github.nucleuspowered:nucleus-api:1.1.0-S6.0’
Dependency (1.12.1): ‘io.github.nucleuspowered:nucleus-api:1.1.0-S7.0’

Addition of NucleusNicknameService

Developers can now change a player’s nickname as seen by Nucleus. Note that once Keys.DISPLAY_NAME is available, Nucleus will start attempting to migrate to that, for complete cross plugin compatibility.

Added an event for RTP when selecting a location to teleport to

Nucleus now fires the NucleusRTPEvent.SelectedLocation when it finds a location to teleport a player to during /rtp. Cancelling the event will tell /rtp to find somewhere else to teleport the player to.

Minor Changes & Enhancements

• Overhauled nicknames to be more robust
  • Allow Strings to be passed as the sender to the StaffChatMessageChannel
  • Added ability to provide a custom server full message.
  • Added ability to teleport outside of world border using the -b flag.
  • Added way to force connection messages to be sent to all players.

Bugfixes

• Fixed rotation not being set during teleports
  • Fixed the “nucleus_muted” context always being applied.
  • Protected against an NPE in /serverstat
  • Fix item name displaying “air” in /itembuy
  • Fixed god mode setting the food level way too high
  • Fixed /invsee and /ec modify permissions not working as intended.

Known Issues

1 Like