Orebfuscator?

Right, right. Forgot about that. Thanks.
What about a chunk oriented orebfuscator? Unless you’re in that chunk, it’s displayed as the chunk was upon the creation of the world. (Below a certain point, of course. eg. You build your base between Y 0-63 and the orebfuscator disguises anything below 63, unless you’re on that chunk.)

I am just spitballing here, seeing if anyone can help legit players.

Orebfuscator is not terrible, it works in deterring x-rayers which is its primary purpose, but it just has some unfortunate side effects. My idea is to have orebfuscator work the same way it normally does with the 10 block radius unless there is a clear line of sight between you and the block within maybe ~30 blocks (Some math will probably be involved). This idea is certainly not perfected and the code would have to be very efficient to minimize extra load on the server which is a con for adding a second step, but it solves some of the frustration problems related to orebfuscator.

I never claimed it was terrible. I was just stating that I dislike it.

As far as Anti-Xray goes for vanilla, well bukkit, this ore limiter always seemed to be the best solution for performance. It was quite effective once configured properly on my server:

Anti Xray BukkitDev

If you dont want to go this route, then you can force server texture packs nowadays. And as well there is a great mod for blocking client mods from connecting to forge servers. And if you have forge you know a forge client is required. This also stops them from using non-forge xray mods by requiring forge:

Mod Control CurseForge

Not anymore. Also, (malicious) mods can intercept the message containing the loaded modids and change it and the server will never know.

Ouch well there goes that idea. Thanks for the info, dang hackers.

Some things to note here:

• The client can tell the server absolutely anything it wants; it can tell the server it’s vanilla.
  • The client can do anything it wants with the information it reads from the server. That’s how most x-ray mods work, by displaying the locations of any ores the server tells it are there.
  • The client can ignore any information given by the server, such as resource packs.
1 Like