PaidToWork

PaidToWork (PTW)

PaidToWork - A plugin that allows you to reward your players for certain jobs.

I guess you can say this is a re-write of McJobs.

Anyways, this is my first ever plugin for Sponge. I use to code in Bukkit/Spigot and I technically already started development of PaidToWork for Spigot, however I have to re-write the whole thing and because of the new API system, it’s going to take a little bit to work on. I guess it will be a fun project for me to work on.

I will be uploading the project on Github. However, I will only upload it there once I put more work into it. (Could be when I’m in the middle of coding it or right when it’s ready.)

Jobs:

• Mining
  • Digging
  • Harvesting
  • Hunting
  • Lumbering
  • Killing Players
    (I cannot think of anything else at the moment. :L)

Feel free to suggest any jobs.

(Possible) Commands:

• /paidtowork [Alias: /ptw] - Main command. Will give details etc.
  • /jobs - Will show all the available jobs. Allows you select a job
  • (either /statistics or /ranking) - Will show your levels etc.

Notes:

Due to the fact that there is no Vault or anything like that, the only way I am currently thinking of making any economy integration is that you have to manually set the command in the config.

For example, if your economy plugin has a /eco like command, you will have to go in the config and all you have to write is “/eco {user} {amount}” (Obviously {user} will translate to the user and the {amount} will be the amount the player is paid.)

Updates:

Will leave blank for now until more progress is made.

Thanks,
Java / Jovs.

MC IGN: Maltese

3 Likes

I like the idea of having a command dispatch for rewarding the player. Although, will it be the console sending the dispatched command?

Yes, the console will be dispatching the command.

Lumbering and Killing players could be a job.

Added. Don’t know why I didn’t think of that.

considering the numerous and spontaneous ideas people may have for jobs, i’d try to make this system as customizable as possible.

by that i mean pls don’t hardcode jobs in
my dream job of supremal demolitionist has yet to come true

Smelting and forging (aka making tools and weapons) could be a job too.

Maybe PaidToWork, because the current title looks like Paidto Work.

Yeah I was thinking about that too. Gonna change it now.

1 Like

I’ll possibly add those jobs in.

I have a suggestion for making a job
Make a job where you get paid for crafting food, the cooking job XD

Seems like a bit of an odd job in my opinion. :stuck_out_tongue:

I have started to work on the plugin but as of right now, it’s a bit slow. However, I basically got today (Saturday), Sunday, and Monday off and hopefully I can get something accomplished.

You might add something for resource harvesting where the plugin can detect whether the worker indeed has the requested resources (i.e. 10 stacks of cobble).

What you could do is have the payer create the job, and have the money deducted into an escrow account. When the worker has the supplies in their inventory, it detects this (when the worker does /done or whatever) and tranfers the items to the employer (some sort of enderchest like implementation) and the payment to the worker.

This would reduce scams.

Any news about your plugin ? :stuck_out_tongue: