PermissionsEX - Allow users to promote to their own group.

Is it possible to allow a particular group to promote into their own group?

For example, I have a server where by default people log in and can’t do anything. They are in the default “guest” group. The next tier up is the “User” group, and I’d like to have the Users be able to promote guests in the User group. That way there’s a little bit of a vouching system going on, and I don’t have to keep promoting a ton of people into the VIP group (currently just a workaround group that allows promoting to User, but eventually gets cool stuff maybe)

Recap:
Guests can’t do anything.
Users need to promote Guests into User Group.
VIP right now can promote guests.

Current Relevant perms:
default:
options:
default: true
permissions:
- chatex.allowchat
Member:
inheritance:
permissions:
- worldguard.build.*
options:
VIP:
inheritance:
permissions:
- permissions.user.rank.promote
- permissions.user.promote.default
options:

Hello,

PermissionsEx for Sponge is severely outdated, and to be frank, it’s terrible and no one uses it. We are all using LuckPerms, which is Sponge’s best permission plugin currently. It has a very detailed wiki and you can import your PEX database.

~ Alice

2 Likes

I’m using spigot and I didn’t ask for alternatives, but thanks for taking the time to respond anyhow.

Im confused? If your asking for spigot help why are you asking it on the sponge forums?

Its like someone asking how to use macOS on the Windows forums?

3 Likes

Because this has nothing to do with sponge or spigot; it’s a PermissionsEX question. It’s like asking how sublime text works and being told to use notepad++ or chided because I’m using windows and not linux.

1 Like

Due to the fact permissionEx hasnt been updated for sponge for a long time and as stated before, luckperms is soooo much better it may have changed since I last used it.

But no, not without a external plugin that overrides the existing commands to bypass the check to see what group the player who sent the command is in

Thank you Mose; Pex hasn’t been updated very much for spigot either from what I can tell so I think that’s a valid answer in both cases. appreciate it! I’ll make a plugin to do what I need it to. And eventually I’ll look into another permissions plugin. Thanks very much!