🔑 PermissionsEx v2.0 [API 5]

.> didn’t see 570… sorry my bad.

{Note to self, expand windows when quote dev builds}

yep, that seems like latest sponge. Now are you on the latest PEX? There were a few fixes I pushed really recently.

Yeah it seems to be working now.
My perms seem to not be working, They were, but now they aren’t. Looking into it now.

Hi,

it looks to be very good plugin but without manual is it problem to configure.
I try to configure groups for use but I’m unable to do it. The manual isn’t much useful.
Please is possible to add to create some default groups list by first start, that we know hot it looks like and can edit it?

I have the latest forge, sponge and PEX but i’m unable to use it. Only works command /pex. When I add any parameter i have these text:

[15:22:20] [Server thread/INFO]: Too many arguments!
[15:22:20] [Server thread/INFO]: Usage: /pex [import|debug|ranking|reload|[-transient] [–context|–contexts|-c] subject parents|info|delete|options|permission-default|permission|[-transient] subject-type list [filter]]

Can some body help me with it?

Thanks.

For instructions see the wiki …

Note that the commands changed from PEX1 to PEX2. If you’re unsure what to use take a look here:

and there:

Hope it helps. If not, feel free to ask further questions.

Thanks it helps, but it will be great when you can make and default permissions table, which can be then modified.
It will help to many peoples like me, while I don’t know all basic permissions nodes. So you add these and the people than can chug it or add from other plugins.

Thanks, great job.

Hi guys i need some help setting up my pex… So i set my Mod in its mod folder… Started server. On the config folder i find the pex folder created only with a file named permissions.json
nothing else and when i try to run the commands on console nothing shows… what am i doing wrong.

It should create permissionsex.conf too if I’m right. Try to use latest build (if you are using latest build of sponge), remove pex config folder and let it create again.

It created the permissions.json and permissionsex.conf. But when I try to give any commands like from these manuals:

https://bukkit.org/threads/pex-step-by-step-permission-instructions-basic.103176/

I have only error message:

Too many arguments!
Usage: /pex [import|debug|ranking|reload|[-transient] [–context|–contexts|-c] subject parents|info|delete|options|permission-default|permission|[-transient] subject-type list [filter]]

I would like to edit it by hand but I don’t know the syntax, while in the default permissions file is fast nothing and I can’t find any help here. All are for old bukkit versions and anywhere is for this new Sponge version.

And in .conf file is one command the i don’t know what he do:
compat=false

Please can you help me and send me and example of permissions file?

I Have there only Too many arguments :frowning: and any command doesn’t work.

If I may intrude here… You are using the wrong Wiki
The one you link (at bukkit.org) is for the old PermissionsEx.
The new one is linked in Tzk’s post above:

The command structure has changed significantly.

(EDIT): This page may help a lot. Home ¡ PEXPlugins/PermissionsEx Wiki ¡ GitHub

Replying to myself here, but after a long look, it seems most of the PEx wiki pages are aimed at the old PEx for bukkit/spigot, and only a few have been updated for the new command syntax of PEx 2.
I can understand the confusion. Also, it is the same Wiki, so my apologies. It confused me too…

Hope it help, but this wiki:

has old command and system too :frowning:

It will be very helpful when it will be added a default permission configuration, that all people know how it looks like and what is needed to change.

I now found this manual:

but I’m now in a point where I don’t have any rights more for do nothing and i done only first three steps.

These command doesn’t work too. Only the commands from my help work, but I there is a mistake, while i remove me the OP permissions.

At least this page of the wiki was updated, maybe it helps:

What version of this will work with Sponge Dev 553? I have no clue whatsoever and I can’t get it to work with the latest version :_:

Note : I ask this because the other mod/plugin I wish to use is Sponge Essentials Cmds, one which will only work on dev 553 as no later version is compiled or created yet :_:

Further Edited Note : I read in the post about Dev 525 on Forge 1487; I installed both and tried Pex 2.0. I presume I used too new of a version, however it did not work. Sponge Essentials however worked, as did the others. If I can know which version works for this, I would still gladly use it until all the versions match up. I would also like to know if I did anything wrong, as I ran it with forge and put the sponge dev and permissions jar into the mods folder. It didn’t work :frowning:

Latest PEX works with latest sponge. You might have to go back a few builds on the build server to find the appropriate version for your server.

Is there a reference for which build works for which pex? I can’t find any :frowning:

Edit : Which PEX Build on your build page works for which Sponge Dev version

no clue, I’ve never used the public builds – all I can say is that latest usually works with latest.