🔑 PermissionsEx v2.0 [API 5]

I can’t run without configuration file

It’s all about how filling the files?.

mine wont load right now and i believe i have latest everything

Console : [22:13:22] [Server thread/INFO] [PermissionsEx]: Pre-init of PermissionsEx v2.0-SNAPSHOT
Console : [22:13:22] [Server thread/ERROR] [Sponge]: Could not pass FMLPreInitializationEvent to Plugin{id=PermissionsEx, name=PermissionsEx, version=2.0-SNAPSHOT}
Console : java.lang.RuntimeException: Error occurred while enabling PermissionsEx
Console : at ninja.leaping.permissionsex.sponge.PermissionsExPlugin.onPreInit(PermissionsExPlugin.java:137) ~[PermissionsExPlugin.class:?]
Console : at org.spongepowered.common.event.listener.GamePreInitializationEventListener_PermissionsExPlugin_onPreInit7.handle(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
Console : at org.spongepowered.common.event.RegisteredListener.handle(RegisteredListener.java:86) ~[RegisteredListener.class:1.8-1577-2.1-DEV-884]
Console : at org.spongepowered.common.event.SpongeEventManager.post(SpongeEventManager.java:247) [SpongeEventManager.class:1.8-1577-2.1-DEV-884]
Console : at org.spongepowered.mod.event.SpongeModEventManager.post(SpongeModEventManager.java:272) [SpongeModEventManager.class:1.8-1577-2.1-DEV-884]
Console : at org.spongepowered.mod.SpongeMod.onStateEvent(SpongeMod.java:155) [SpongeMod.class:1.8-1577-2.1-DEV-884]
Console : at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_66]
Console : at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_66]
Console : at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_66]
Console : at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_66]
Console : at com.google.common.eventbus.EventSubscriber.handleEvent(EventSubscriber.java:74) [minecraft_server.1.8.jar:?]
Console : at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventSubscriber.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventSubscriber.java:47) [minecraft_server.1.8.jar:?]
Console : at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:322) [minecraft_server.1.8.jar:?]
Console : at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:304) [minecraft_server.1.8.jar:?]
Console : at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:275) [minecraft_server.1.8.jar:?]
Console : at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:212) [LoadController.class:?]
Console : at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:190) [LoadController.class:?]
Console : at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_66]
Console : at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_66]
Console : at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_66]
Console : at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_66]
Console : at com.google.common.eventbus.EventSubscriber.handleEvent(EventSubscriber.java:74) [minecraft_server.1.8.jar:?]
Console : at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventSubscriber.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventSubscriber.java:47) [minecraft_server.1.8.jar:?]
Console : at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:322) [minecraft_server.1.8.jar:?]
Console : at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:304) [minecraft_server.1.8.jar:?]
Console : at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:275) [minecraft_server.1.8.jar:?]
Console : at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.LoadController.onPost(LoadController.java:49) [LoadController.class:?]
Console : at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:119) [LoadController.class:?]
Console : at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.Loader.preinitializeMods(Loader.java:550) [Loader.class:?]
Console : at net.minecraftforge.fml.server.FMLServerHandler.beginServerLoading(FMLServerHandler.java:88) [FMLServerHandler.class:?]
Console : at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onServerStart(FMLCommonHandler.java:355) [FMLCommonHandler.class:?]
Console : at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71197_b(DedicatedServer.java:117) [po.class:?]
Console : at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:438) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
Console : at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_66]
Console : Caused by: java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException: config\permissionsex\permissionsex.conf
Console : at sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.translateToIOException(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_66]
Console : at sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.rethrowAsIOException(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_66]
Console : at sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.rethrowAsIOException(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_66]
Console : at sun.nio.fs.WindowsFileSystemProvider.newByteChannel(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_66]
Console : at java.nio.file.Files.newByteChannel(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_66]
Console : at java.nio.file.Files.newByteChannel(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_66]
Console : at java.nio.file.spi.FileSystemProvider.newInputStream(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_66]
Console : at java.nio.file.Files.newInputStream(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_66]
Console : at java.nio.file.Files.newBufferedReader(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_66]
Console : at ninja.leaping.configurate.loader.AbstractConfigurationLoader$Builder.lambda$setPath$1

thats all i get

Your on sponge 884, not 897

• Also you need to create the config and json file into the permissionsex folder.

But how do I remplires with the permissions and different group?.
Example for the Users group with the following permissions.

the Users group
core.kick
core.ban
core.tempban
core.tempban-unlimited
core.banlist.check
core.banlist.list
core.banlist.rollback
essentialcmds.home.use
essentialcmds.home.set
essentialcmds.home.list
essentialcmds.home.delete
essentialcmds.heal.use
essentialcmds.feed.use
essentialcmds.heal.others
And different permissions for another group Modo example.

the Modo group
essentialcmds.warp.set
essentialcmds.warps.list
essentialcmds.warp.use
essentialcmds.warp.delete
essentialcmds.warps.use.sign
essentialcmds.afk.use
core.ticket.tp-others
core.ticket.assign
core.ticket.assign-assigned
core.ticket.assign-others
core.ticket.priority
And how to assign a group to a player.

Thank you beforehand.

so my issue is the same as this now how do i set permissions is there an example or something i don’t know all the syntax you need for creating groups and stuff the basic files are there but a tutorial or something would help us less “coder” types i juts need like a admin section and a member section to add permissions to and how to set a player to a group its not hard i just don’t know where to put it

at present ops can use anything and everyone else is just SOL

The reason Op Is giving everyone the default permissions of true is because your PEX isn’t loading. You simply need to create an empty file named permission.json (It will auto fill in the file for you) and also create a blank permissionsex.conf file which will be auto fill as well once you create the file.

• I can make you both files and send to you on Skype if you’d like.
  • Also make sure you updated your SpongeForge alse.

“Edit” Also, your using both Core and Essentialcmds?

well i got those now and it does load so i will read the link

and thanks

Careful using two different essential plugin :wink: might cause some bad issues for you

no just permissionsex and essential commands (assuming anyone can have permission to use the commands )

Once you get Px working you either have to make a group that give’s you default true to all the commands, or add the default true to your user itself

so to add permissions to a group i have to add one at a time ?

and is there a way to see the full list of permissions for a group?

Oooooh yeah, you have to type the command /pex group Default perm essentialcmds.afk.use true
Or once you get a good chunk of the actual config done using the in-game commands, you can try out changing the config manually. It works both ways just hard to get it going.

To see the permissions a group has you’d use /pex group Default info

1 Like

well once there is syntax and a list started in a config then it should be easier to deal with

thanks for the help i’ll have to work on this more tomorrow i should be in bed lol

Why give an example whys Skype does not give directly on to post like that everyone can enjoy myself I need a sample group and Permission see how we can have plussieur group with different permissions in the permission file.

And more with the controls for the groups to square atribuer player at the moment I pence that I am not alone in not understanding how exactly without any concrete example.

Thank you in advance.

I need help with the plug-in. I put it in the mods folder in sponge but all I have is an empty permissionsex folder in the config folder and nothing else

From somewhere above in the thread, there is this advice:

This is a temporary problem, and I’m sure @zml will get it resolved eventually.

Create two files is done but how we add the group and the permission permissions.json in the file and how to assign a group to a player?.

Don’t edit the json

hey would you be able to help me setup up something. I added a group as well as the permissions and added myself to it but its still saying I don’t have permission to use commands like /fly and /gamemode