šŸ”‘ PermissionsEx v2.0 [API 5]

@zml I know you are busy but any word on when you are going to be compatible with SpongeForge Build 1000?

Iā€™m having trouble installing PermissionsEx on Sponge Vanilla (no Forge).

Using Sponge 1.8-3.0.0-BETA-129

Is there another version of Sponge Vanilla that I can download that would run PermissionsEx? Iā€™ve tried a couple different versions of PEX and none have worked. All give me an error: http://pastebin.com/xtVqnsNH

Thanks,
J

Download the latest build ā€“ itā€™s fixed there.

1 Like

You cantĆ³n put al the comanda to create a groups because i dont understand how to create because i need 5

Trainer
Gym-leader
Vip
Admin
Owner

Please helpme

/pex group Trainer option prefix "&4[Trainer]"

The above command creates the group Trainer if not already existing, and then sets its prefix to [Trainer] in Red, if you have a plugin that supports it.

Itā€™s actually pretty simple after scoping out the basic info. Hereā€™s a few links that helped me:

sibomots & zmlā€™s posts in this thread, #591 & #592 I believeā€¦

Example provided by zml in that post.

MoeBoy76ā€™s Quick Reference.

We can create ā€˜blankā€™ groups by using a prefix as HassanS6000 said above:
/pex group [Group_Name] option prefix [Prefix]
or we can create groups with fake permission nodes:
/pex group [Group_Name] perm [FAKE.PERMISSION.TRUE] true
/pex group [Group_Name] perm [FAKE.PERMISSION.FALSE] false
Helps a lot with visualizing the .json and beginning editing it manually!

Edit:
If youā€™re working in-game and you may want to give yourself the ā€˜*ā€™ equivalent first through the console with:
/pex user [Username] def true

Edit2:
@zml
I canā€™t seem to figure out ladders.
Iā€™m using a similar setup that you helped sibomots with, however, Iā€™m trying to add a rank on the ladder under the rank that Iā€™ve set as default for new players on joining. The only problem is that when I promote the user, they get moved into the ladder ā€œa rank downā€ and I have to promote them three times to actually move them up to where they should be.

Group1 --group that inherits equivalent of -ā€˜*ā€™ (no permissions) from another group.
Group2 --default on join
Group3 --Desired group after doing /promote user [username], but they only end up here after 3 promotes: Group1 ā†’ Group2 ā†’ Group3ā€¦

Commands Iā€™ve run:

/pex group GROUP1 option prefix GROUP1  --create Group1
/pex default user parent add group [GROUP1]  --set Group1 as default for new players on join

/pex group GROUP2 option prefix [GROUP2]  --create Group2
/pex group GROUP3 option prefix [GROUP3]  --create Group3

/pex rank default add group GROUP1
/pex rank default add group GROUP2
/pex rank default add group GROUP3

I came across p0wd3rā€™s post and even tried:

/pex rank default add -1 GROUP1
/pex rank default add 0 GROUP2
/pex rank default add 1 GROUP3

but the results were the sameā€¦

Is there a way to make PEX start new users on first join at a specific rank on the ladder? It seems that
/pex default user parent add group [GROUP1]
doesnt do itā€¦

Help is greatly appreciated!

Edit3: (sorry for the wall of text Iā€™ve created :sweat:)

I think I found somewhat of a solution to this. Iā€™ve done the same setup, but I put GROUP1 in its own separate ladder.
The issue is that new players arenā€™t put on any ladder at the correct group position on join.
default: GROUP2, GROUP3, GROUPN
ladder2: GROUP1
Now new users that are in GROUP2 on join get promoted to GROUP3 without a problem on the first run of
/promote user [username]

Running /promote user [username] ladder2 on the same user puts them in ladder2 in GROUP1, and running /demote user [username] ladder2 removes them from GROUP1 on ladder2. During the time that the user is in ladder2 in GROUP1, PEX still has the user registered on the default ladder, so the whole time theyā€™ve been on default ladder in GROUP3.

tl;dr - Couldnā€™t find documentation on this anywhere, trying to make a jail group for players that misbehaveā€¦:
(e.g.)
1. I have GROUPS2-GROUPS10 on the default ladder, and GROUP1 on separate ladder named ladder2
2. New user joins with parent group GROUP2, user is promoted to GROUP3 (all on default ladder)
3. Promote user on ladder2 while they are in GROUP3 of the default ladder
In the permissions file the user now has 2 parent groups and exists in 2 ladders.
4. Promote the user on the default ladder twice (GROUP5)
5. (chat prefix (Hassan's essentialcmds) still shows PEX prefix for user as GROUP1 on ladder2)
6. Demote user on ladder2 'removing them from ladder2'
7. PEX prefix of GROUP5 of default ladder is shown on user.

Iā€™m still testing this out, but does anyone know if (in the above scenario), at:
#3, Does the user still inherits permissions from GROUP3 on the default ladder?, or is inheritance in a heiarchy of parent groups?
#4, Does the user inherit permissions from GROUP5 now? or are they still permissionless from being in GROUP1?
What happens if user has multiple parent groups?

I guess my solution to having a ā€˜jailā€™ group is to do the above setup, promote user to jail group on ladder 2, and manually remove them from standard groups on my default ladder (if they still inherit permissions from them.)ā€¦

3 Likes

One day update for 3.0.0-BETA-1015?

Thank you beforehand. :blush:

It is already? Nothings changed that would break Pex. Iā€™m using 1015 and this version of PEX

1 Like

I was wrong sorry itā€™s good it is compatible.:sweat:

Use a test server and try all the updates and see if something breaks first, then narrow it down to who broke it xD

Yes I just do whatā€™s why I said I was wrong still grieve. :wink:

How do I set the prefix for a group?

Use /pex group groupname options prefix &4[Mod]&f

We are having some problems with the plugin. It seems that our admins in an Admin group are still not gaining access to command or permissions in which they were removed to the default group. It seems that everyone, even those put outside of the default group, are being tested against the permissions of it. And yes, the Admin group does not inherit anything from the default group. We were pros at the bukkit version and have been learning the new sponge one. Any word on whats going on, bug or feature and how to work with it?

Itā€™s broke. Thatā€™s all I can really tell you.

SCS has been having issues with the latest version of PEX too.

It seems to be throwing metric crap-tons of errors when people join a server.

2 Likes

Okay. Thats what we thought. Havenā€™t got the errors, but it does seem to be broken with default groups.

Works for me with latest sponge (SpongeForge 1018) and build 107 of PEX. Gist your permissions.json?

We are on build 107 of PEX but 1023 of SpongeForge (had issues with 1018 not loading up). We donā€™t think its the permissions as someone in the Admin group is totally separate with its own perm nodes to give them access to everything is still being restricted by permissions we take away inside of the default group. No inheritance. It seems that the people in the Admin group are still being considered as a part of the default groupā€¦despite according to the fileā€¦they are only in the Admin group. Also, we give all permissions to a plugin so even that doesnā€™t override the perm taken away in the default group. We tested by removing the node from the default group that restricts the player, then the admins suddenly have permission again to what was restricted.

What you think is correct, may not be correct, if you gist the permissions.json then @zml can confirm/deny that they are and/or find where the issue may be

1 Like

Oh yes ā€“ every user is part of the default group in PEX2. Iā€™ve been running a little server and have also found this a bit annoying, so Iā€™m going to look into making the default handling simpler. For now, the quickest fix will be changing the permission-default of the admin group to 2.