🔑 PermissionsEx v2.0 [API 5]

Then just add all your perms for defaults to the group “Default”

Can someone PLEASE tell me what is wrong with my permissions. it says that they are all good in the parser, but in-game I cannot use most commands. I am in the “owner” category and cannot break any blocks in an admin claimed area (safezone) but i can claim for the safezone. i have no idea what is happening so if anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated. http://pastebin.com/zPPnCBqP

all perms from line 374-485 are set to -1 and so is 487

1 Like

OHHHH im so stupid omg thank you so much

no problem @LebrownJames

1 Like

Myself and @Peav have been building a server and for the last few version updates we’ve been running into circular inheritance issues.

We are 110% sure it is an issue with our permission file. Even with no mods other then pex and sponge we still get the error.

This is the console output:

[01:55:37] [Server thread/WARN] [PermissionsEx]: Potential circular inheritance
found while traversing inheritance for user=*****-5ba5-4e46-b70e-4ab0dbac0c91
when visiting group=Noobs

Here is our perms file:
PasteBin

This is built from this template made by @MoeBoy76.

Any help with this issue will be repaid with digital high fives!

forge-1.8.9-11.15.1.1722-universal
spongeforge-1.8.9-1722-3.1.0-BETA-1115

As of the latest version (no ver. numbers, sorry) commands to not appear to function. With any more than no arguments the server returns “too many arguments”

I believe the problem os that your Default group inherits from Noobie, while every group inherits from Default. If I’m right, they will inherit from each other in an infinite loop :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not exactly circular inheritance in this case – it’s more like a group appearing multiple times in this case – so remove Noobs from inheritance or just ignore it.

2 Likes

I miss the yml but I feel that this is a more powerful system. More control over inheritance, just a wee bit harder to understand! We’ll figure it all out eventually.

1 Like

Digital High Five! :wave:

3 Likes

Would it be possible to add two mechanics in the next version?

• Teleport cooldown (Player can’t teleport again until the cooldown is 0, cooldown-time configurable in the config file)
  • Teleport not possible during fight or while the player is moving
    This would be very nice :slight_smile:
1 Like

Can someone PLEASE tell me what’s wrong with my permissions. PermissionsEx crashed every time i use this permission file: http://pastebin.com/UNBfr4tQ

you were missing an end quote on your invalid homes permission for the Karp group, try using a JSON parser if you aren’y going to actually follow the recommendation for using in-game commands (ie the only supported way to set permissions), for ease i have fixed it, see this gist:

thanks so much, it was weird. no error showed up in the parser…

I think you might’ve posted this to the wrong thread – PEX doesn’t handle teleportation.

1 Like

Oh sorry I meant to post it in the essential forum

Hi, zml!
Tellme, how to add a few houses, you can create a specific group?

if you are using EssentialCmds you do /pex group Default options homes 3 and obviosly replace “Default” with your group name

OK! Thanks, bro!