🔑 PermissionsEx v2.0 [API 5]

all it says is that you do not have access to this command!
my plugins are adminshop,command signs, EMP sponge, essential commands, inspector, kits, land protect, pex, pixel auction, pixel extras, safeguard,totaleconomy,wondertrade,holograms,sponge forge,twenty ticks,and votifier.

just out of curiosity is there a version for 1.10 or 1.10.2 ???

The latest build as of a few minutes ago builds against the 1.9+ Sponge API (v5) since that is what folks are using for the most part.

[quote=“sibomots, post:914, topic:6198”]
list all the permission nodes that belong to a specific group
[/quote]that would be:

/pex group <group> info

Okay so I downloaded the lastest version and I am running a server with SpongeForge 1473 (1.8.9)…and I am getting a crash from the ninja.leaping file.

What is the latest stable build for 1.8.9?

1. That error report is basically useless except I already know what you’re doing wrong (hint: ignoring the version in the forum thread title). Generally you want to post the full stacktrace when you get one.
  2. Build 131 is the latest for 1.8.9

How do I migrate a permissions.json to the mysql backend?

Hey @Zml, will you be releasing a version for 1.10 in the near future?

The latest version works with 1.10

Weird… I put it on but it doesnt seem to work. Build 133 should work?

Yeah, 133 should.

What’s the error it gives you?

It works for me…

@Zml its not generating the permissions config in the config folder I’ll take a screenshot of whats happening. I even tried throwing in my 1.8.9 version and tossing that config in and nothing happens. It also isn’t accepting my ops.json either. Not entirely sure whats going on. Going to attempt to figure this out today.

Yes, that’s expected… PEX replaces the ops system, and uses the SQL backend as default (which is the permissions.mv file), so there is no permissions.json. You use the ingame commands to edit the permissions data.

So I cant edit them outside of game anymore? I have to add 120 permissions to my default usergroup in game now? Thats a lot more tedious than it was in 1.8.9 Or am I missing something? In the API 4.0 I had a pex config that I could edit and add my permissions to. Welp. Thanks for letting me know I thought I was completely lost.

does this work for 1.8.9 ? it’s not installing

You’re definitely missing something.
No idea what though.
The Forge/Sponge/PEX version I have are as follows.
Forge 1.10.2-12.18.0.2007
SpongeForge 1.10.2-2002-5.0.0-BETA-1550
PermissionsEx build 133

Thats all Exactly what I have, but no config is generating for me to put the permissions into. I can get Pex to register in game now, and I can add permissions manually. But without a permissions config I’m not sure I can add 120 permissions by long hand in game. Did yours generate a config to add permissions to @Valorn_Exhio? Especially since I have 40 User groups.

You have to edit the base config for permissionsex

This is and is where the base config is in your server directory.
/config/ninja.leaping.permissionsex/ninja.leaping.permissionsex.conf

In it you’ll find this entry
default-backend=default

You need to change it to
default-backend=default-file

Once you’ve done that restart the server,
and permissionsex will then generate the permissions.json file.

If the base config I mentioned doesn’t generate,
then something on you’re end is broken.

You could also make an entry in the base config to store the permissions in mysql if you wanted to.