šŸ”‘ PermissionsEx v2.0 [API 5]

You donā€™t need a group for prefix. The issue with your config is that the prefix and group were added to a user entry for a user stored by name, when PEX will fetch its data for a user from the entry for the playerā€™s UUID (and only migrate the name one if no uuid one exists).

Hey, so do you know what latest version of Sponge this plugin is stable on? Iā€™ve updated my Sponge and the plugin crashed, so I downgraded a bit: it worked like a charm except for the fact that one of my other plugins is kinda buggy on that version. So, I wanna know which version of Sponge is recommended for this plugin!

Latest version of PEX works fine on Sponge 1.8-1519-2.1DEV-700! Update PEX now :wink:

First Iā€™d like to say thanks for all the work! I have a strange issue right now where whenever I try to add permission with my username it automatically applies the username into permissions.json but as you can see whenever I do it for another user it sets it to the UUID. No matter what command I try or what I alter in the document it will not use my UUID when I enter commands. Something I noticed, but Iā€™ve tried to remove, is that under my UUID it used to say Option: username King_Susanoo or something along those lines. It never correctly linked the permissions from my username to my UUID either.

"user": {
    "a0db7f92-5188-473e-b5ab-958ad70ddb36": [
        {
            "parents": [
                "group:Trainer",
                "group:default"
            ]
        }
    ],
    "King_Susanoo": [
        {
            "parents": [
                "group:Trainer"
            ]
        }
    ]
}

edit: solved by deleting and starting over

Iā€™m encountering an issue with minecraft default commands. How do I allow users to use the commands like /op, /title, /entitydata which are all OP commands. I am an OP but I still cannot execute these commands.

PEX removes OP getting any access, all permissions from Sponge, Forge, Vanilla or Mods are .command. as shown on the docs page here

Why would pex remove OP getting access? Only a server owner can get OP access. Probably some coding that I donā€™t understand but what I see is Iā€™m OP and I should have all commands especially the minecraft ones. Anyways, thanks for the link.

the first thing you should have done is /pex user King_Susanoo def true to give yourself all permissions by default, you had to do this on bukkit to get most perms anyway so whatā€™s the issue?

The simple reason is that OP can sometimes be abused, and many PEX users would prefer to manage the permissions individually. This allows for a group that has, for example, most OP permissions but not the power to op others. The fact is that, for a long time, PEX has been able to make the OP group almost entirely redundant (depending on the plugins used, of course). Itā€™s the way I prefer things on my server, as console access still allows god-like powers when needed. YMMV.

The only 2 functions OP serves in a SpongeForge environment are the messages sent to OPs (eg when a player uses certain commands such as /pokeheal) and the ability to edit the vanilla spawn protection area

I didnā€™t know def true would give all permissions. Thanks!

1 Like

is pex working with the latest version of sponge? Been trying both pexsponge and the snapshot version and neither are working for me.

Error:

Just tried with freshly downloaded SpongePEX2.0-snapshot, Forge 1521 and Sponge 750: crash on startup.

I didnā€™t try on Forge 1524, though.

No crash for me, but the plugin isnt working at all, just throws mass errors.

A clarifying question on ā€œRanking Laddersā€
Am I correct in assuming that a player can be moving up multiple ladders concurrently? So for example, could I be moving up the ā€œrank promotionā€ ladder, my ā€œcity rankā€ ladder, and some plugin ā€œprofessionā€ ladder at the same time?
EDIT: My experimentation seems to show this working, I think.

Is it possible to have players automatically rank up our server rank ladder by time? I saw some code in the documentation about lifetime durations, but Iā€™m not sure I understand how to implement this via the command line syntax. Would this require an extension plugin to implement?
EDIT: It looks like the api is designed to support this but it would have to be a custom implementation. Iā€™m not sure why though, it seems like something a lot of servers would want to have happen.

Along similar lines, I currently have players ranking up a particular tree via a specific item(s) in their inventory. Itā€™s currently an extension plugin to the default Canary permission implementation on our server. Is this something you think would ever be included in PEX? Or should I look at requesting a custom build to support this from our server dev team?
EDIT: Definitely a custom implementation from what I can see.

Thanks for your time.

Can anyone tell me how to completely remove all permissions from new players that join? Iā€™ve already created a default group as the parent and assigned it permissions FALSE. The trouble is, they still have access to some 15+ console commands from PEX, Sponge and Vanilla. I would prefer they not have any of that. Eventually Iā€™ll add back in a few things, but none of the items they are currently getting as part of default. Here is a snapshot of the command list they get when they do a / <tab> to autocomplete the command / (I hope that makes sense.)

EDIT: I figured out how to individually exclude the vanilla commands. They had to be entered individually and specifically. I havenā€™t had any success guessing at the sponge and PEX ones.

Hi, I was wondering if you could explain more into the parents and inheriting commands portion of this plugin. How is this done and what is the command breakdown

You should have a look at this post. I found it very helpful and it covers adding parents and inheritance.

PEX quick command reference

1 Like

Hi. PEX error: http://pastebin.com/P6y9Xg3n

check that you are using the latest PEX (Jenkins build #93) as Sponge recently updated their Configurate version