šŸ”‘ PermissionsEx v2.0 [API 5]

How can I set a default group for new players?

Correct me If I do a mistake but I think this node is good :

with an user group named ā€œVisitorā€ :

"default": {
            "Visitor": [
                {
                    "parents": [
                        "group:Visitor"
                    ]
                }
            ]
        }

Doesnā€™t this make a group its own parent? I donā€™t think this is a good idea :wink:

2 Likes

For the parents node, I was not sure. Itā€™s why I said I could make a mistake (I saw this example in different config files on the web).

I thought the same than the same group was use on the parents node was because itā€™s the first rank.

Thanks to correct me, I will fix that in mine config.

(Excuse me for grammar, Iā€™m french)

Edit: itā€™s strange, I copy the default example from pex wiki and It adds the same node than I wrote next ><

Donā€™t try to edit the config file by hand >.< At least not at first. Do everything in game with commands first and theeeeen you can see how the config should be layed out

About permission problem,
I added ā€œessentialcmds.warp.useā€ to the default group
But when I use the command, he says you have no permission to do thatā€¦ā€¦
How to solve it?

You got to have a default group to your default group.
Basically a parent Defaul group to give to default users. Not add to default users itself

but I added the permissions directly to the individual, he still did not have the permissionā€¦ā€¦

You said you added it to the Default group not the player ^.^ Whatā€™s the config for the player look like for the perm? It should look

"ff1040ca-8a0d-4425-9599-3df111330df9": [
            {
                "options": {
                    "name": "PinkyMew"
                },
                "permissions": {
                    "essentialcmds.warp.use",
                    "essentialcmds.warps.list"
                }
            }
        ],

well

and

sad ;(

Hereā€™s your problem, use the command /pex user ā€œuserā€ perm essentialcmds.warp.use true

He is doing that, otherwise it would not come up with a UUIDā€¦

This is not a PEX issue, it is an EssentialCmds feature - you can give separate permissions for each warp. To give access to all warps do /pex user [user] essentialcmds.warp

Whreres i can find the correct API for sponge? On the wiki that APi is for Bukkit :confused:

Can someone give the jar or correct Maven repo?

Thank you!

Itā€™s on the official PEX Jenkins:
https://ci.yawk.at/view/PermissionsEx/job/PermissionsEx/

(copied the link from post #1)

Thanks to reply, but none of that files is APIā€¦ this is the results i get:

I tryed with ā€œpermissionsex-sponge-2.0-SNAPSHOT.jarā€ and ā€œPermissionsEx-Sponge.jarā€.

Only the version for bukkit show me the getUser method, but need the bukkit.player class(because is Sponge).

Can we get tab support for setting a users group? (EX. /pex user Wol [Press Tab] fu ) and also add support for name colour after end of prefix (EX. /pex group Trainer option prefix &7[&aTrainer&7]&a (&a signifys name colour))

What do you mean? If you want to interact with PEX via a plugin, all you need is to depend on SpongeAPI and grab the permissions serviceā€¦ I suggest you read the SpongeDocs. :slightly_smiling:

I know this, but i want to use the PEX features like permissions list of a player have and not only ā€œplayer.hasPermission(perm)ā€.

I need to loop into permissions to get the integer of the player permissions, and this permission can be a milion integer because is the limit of blocks a player can build. If i have a list of permissions per player (like wiki of PEX says) i get that permission and get the unique integer for that player, this is the best way!

Thansk to replyā€¦ and if i cant get this from PEX, i suggest to add this on SpongeAPI (List of permissions per player).

You can just add PEX as a dependency as wellā€¦

This is the results:

No ā€œPermissionUserā€ to import no ā€œgetUserā€ method to use!

This methods only exists on PEX for bukkit!

EDIT: Can you add PEX as dependency and see if you can import this class and methods with PEX Sponge API version??