šŸ”‘ PermissionsEx v2.0 [API 5]

Hey @zml any way to set world specific permissions? Havenā€™t come across it yet on the forums :frowning:

2 Likes

I noticed last night that in my sponge server I donā€™t seem to have the ability to feed, breed or get animals to follow me when Iā€™m holding ā€œtheirā€ food (chickens seeds, pigs carrots, etc). I think this is in previous PEX versions as part of ā€œmodifyworldā€ which was split off of PEX if Iā€™m not mistaken. I plan to restart the world with only PEX next time I fire it up to see if the problem exists (this evening), but maybe this is a known issue someone already has a bead on? I tried altering my Admin groupā€™s permissions with modifyworld.* but that didnā€™t quite seem to do the trick.

"group": {
            "Admin": [
                {
                    "permissions-default": 1,
                    "options": {
                        "prefix": "&7[&4Admin&7]"
                    },
                    "permissions": {
                        "modifyworld.*": 1
                    }
                }
            ],
            "Default": [
                {
                    "permissions-default": -1
                }
            ]
        },
        "user": {
            "taken out for forum post": [
                {
                    "options": {
                        "name": "Yithnal"
                    },
                    "parents": [
                        "group:Admin"
                    ]
                }
            ]
        }

@Thorns_Ofire Yeah, just use the --context world=<world-name> flag in commands

@jasendorf modifyworld has not yet been ported (so those permissions do nothing) ā€“ but remember that the .* part is no longer needed since giving of subnodes is implied.

1 Like

@zml first, thank you for all the work youā€™ve done on this. second, Iā€™ll disable all my other mods and see if I can figure out where the ā€œyou no touch animalsā€ issue might be emanating from. Thanks for your reply!

Iā€™ve noticed that animals donā€™t seem to follow when I offer them food, using recent builds of SpongeVanilla. Sheep ignore wheat and chickens donā€™t care for seed. (I can still get them to breed, however). If this is happening with SpongeForge too, then I think it might be a bug in Sponge rather than PEX.

2 Likes

Thank you sir! Also didnā€™t realize the subnodes are implied. This will make thing much easier! :smiley:

Now youā€™ve got me super intrigued about the context-inheritanceā€¦ What is this used for? :stuck_out_tongue:

OK, Iā€™ve disabled PEX and have the same issue, soā€¦ not PEX. Sorry @zml

More generic version of world-inheritance ā€“ means that if a subject is in a child context, it will also get permissions assigned to a parent context ā€“ for example, in https://github.com/PEXPlugins/PermissionsEx/blob/master/permissionsex-core/src/test/resources/ninja/leaping/permissionsex/backend/file/test3to4.post.json#L31 any player in world:world_nether will receive permissions from world:world.

2 Likes

That is perfect for assigning permission inheritance for overworld/underworld/end builds that are for specific game types. Ex. Hardcore pvp setup with something like Polis.

Youā€™re the best! Once you go PEX you never go back! :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: just to safely build the back end what command should I use to add the first context inheritance?

Hm, looks like I forgot to add any context inheritance commands ā€“ for now you should be able to copy the structure from the file I linked to.

Eventually context usage in commands will get a bit of a cleanup, and Iā€™ll deal with adding context inheritance commands then.

2 Likes

Hi
Very good plugin would be cool if you made an option to make a certain groupā€™s prefix be displayable in the tablist ex. have it so players can easily identify online Admins by looking in the tablist. Or make the players name change colour depending on the assigned group.

Kind Regards
Magnus

1 Like

This is outside the scope of PEX ā€“ youā€™d want to find a chat plugin that does this.

I understand, but other permissions plugins does this (At least makes it possible to colour player name in chat) I canā€™t find any chat plugins that does this.

EDIT:
Another thing i ran into:
If i start the server and promote a user via nickname, then a second entry will get created in perms.json. If the user is connected before i promote him, it gets added to his UUID entry.
The entry in question looks like this:

ā€œUUID is hereā€: [
{
ā€œoptionsā€: {
ā€œnameā€: ā€œTzkyā€
},
ā€œparentsā€: [
ā€œgroups listed hereā€
]
}
],

Is there any way we can start getting more updated information for PEX 2? It seems like most of the wiki is 1.0, (would be nice to at least have everything clearly labeled as which version).

For myself, I cannot figure out what the nodes for PEX are.

Unfortunately GHā€™s wiki doesnā€™t allow proper labelling ā€“ Iā€™ll try to spin up a site that separates those properly over the next few weeks, but dunno how long that will take. For now, youā€™ll want to take a look at some of the things linked in the initial post.

2 Likes

Canā€™t you just separate them by moving everything for 2.0 into the lower half of the wikis index?
Hosting it on readthedocs.org would be a possible solution too :wink:

+1 a PEX permission node list would be great.

1 Like

@zml We really need a /pex group delete/remove option for removal of unwanted groups that may have been accidentally created during implementation.

I have been using this for the last week but keep running into problems when I create a group by accident and since there is not remove option in the command it either has to sit there or I have to start from scratch adding in the groups one by one. I try to remove it from the configs but continue to have issues.

There is a way to delete a parent group: Check our @MoeBoy76 Guide
Help With Pex