🔑 PermissionsEx v2.0 [API 5]

It works for me…

@Zml its not generating the permissions config in the config folder I’ll take a screenshot of whats happening. I even tried throwing in my 1.8.9 version and tossing that config in and nothing happens. It also isn’t accepting my ops.json either. Not entirely sure whats going on. Going to attempt to figure this out today.

Yes, that’s expected… PEX replaces the ops system, and uses the SQL backend as default (which is the permissions.mv file), so there is no permissions.json. You use the ingame commands to edit the permissions data.

So I cant edit them outside of game anymore? I have to add 120 permissions to my default usergroup in game now? Thats a lot more tedious than it was in 1.8.9 Or am I missing something? In the API 4.0 I had a pex config that I could edit and add my permissions to. Welp. Thanks for letting me know I thought I was completely lost.

does this work for 1.8.9 ? it’s not installing

You’re definitely missing something.
No idea what though.
The Forge/Sponge/PEX version I have are as follows.
Forge 1.10.2-12.18.0.2007
SpongeForge 1.10.2-2002-5.0.0-BETA-1550
PermissionsEx build 133

Thats all Exactly what I have, but no config is generating for me to put the permissions into. I can get Pex to register in game now, and I can add permissions manually. But without a permissions config I’m not sure I can add 120 permissions by long hand in game. Did yours generate a config to add permissions to @Valorn_Exhio? Especially since I have 40 User groups.

You have to edit the base config for permissionsex

This is and is where the base config is in your server directory.
/config/ninja.leaping.permissionsex/ninja.leaping.permissionsex.conf

In it you’ll find this entry
default-backend=default

You need to change it to
default-backend=default-file

Once you’ve done that restart the server,
and permissionsex will then generate the permissions.json file.

If the base config I mentioned doesn’t generate,
then something on you’re end is broken.

You could also make an entry in the base config to store the permissions in mysql if you wanted to.

Build #131
(Jun 25, 2016 5:11:14 AM)
mc version 1.8.9
spongeforge-1.8.9-1890-4.2.0-BETA-1542.jar
It wont load if EnderIO-1.8.9-3.0.0.26_alpha.jar is present
if i remove ender IO it loads just fine
EnderCore-1.8.9-0.3.0.14-beta.jar

So I got the Config to generate. Does anyone know the difference between the 1.8 and the 1.10 configs? Because if I paste over my 1.8 config it doesnt seem to work. Im assuming theres something different in how the file generates or the base code of the config. If its something easy, I might be able to tweak my groups rather than recreate them in the config.

Since PEX doesn’t make the tags/ranks itself, what’s a good plugin to go along with this for it?

essentialcmds or nucleus

Would be very much interested to know what is going on with that. I have not been able to test this myself yet, but will soon.

The configurations are the same. Pastebin the data file you’re trying to use as well as the ninja.leaping.permissionsex.conf?

Theres my perm file from 1.8 and my Ninja.leaping.permissionex.con For 1.10. When I put the 1.8 file into my conf folder for Pex and replace the Perms conf that is in there. It doesnt work correctly. Doesn’t add Prefixes, and the ranks cant use the commands.

Just ran that through the file validator, and it seems fine to me. Maybe chat plugins aren’t working properly?

I mean its not even showing prefixes or suffixes.

Well yes, a chat plugin is what’s responsible for showing prefixes and suffixes, not PEX.

Updated to MinecraftForge 11.15.1.1902 and SpongeForge 4.2.0-1562.

Getting this error, where it seems to be an issue with Pixelmon.
About to try getting a fresh jar from them, but throwing this out in case anyone is passing by :slight_smile:

EDIT:

Removed loadout for scroll saving.reasons :slight_smile: