PetBlocks - PetBlocks is a spigot and also a sponge plugin to use blocks and custom heads as pets in Minecraft

A new version has been released for PetBlocks, it is available for download here.

Developer Notes

• Please be careful with updating the config.yml as tags changed.
  • I have worked together with https://minecraft-heads.com to offer 2 new sponsored categories.
  • I also want to highlight that adding new categories is now possible because of the scripting engine.
  • Special thanks to patreon supporter “Jan Oplt” for supporting the PetBlocks project!

Changes

• #109 Added new engine option for setting the default particle wiki.
  • #110 Added new engine option for setting the default name wiki.
  • #119 Added scripting engine for categories and scrolling wiki.
  • #148 Changed DB Context to Connection pool when using Sponge.
  • #151 Added option to interact with the new GUI engine via the Developer API wiki.

Bugs/Issues

• #140 Fixed MySQL when using Sponge.
  • #142 Fixed wearing pets can cause desynchronisation errors.
  • #144 Fixed wearing pets displays impact particles when using Bukkit or Sponge.
  • #145 Fixed pet does not respawn automatically when changing items in the GUI on Sponge.
  • #150 Fixed config join settings where broken when using Bukkit or Sponge.
  • #154 Fixed exception is getting thrown on server stop when using SpongeForge.
  • #156 Fixed DB connection crash on Sponge.

Works great but we get this error on the console when someone uses a crafting table… https://pastebin.com/BWPyijhD

Thanks, I have added a ticket on github. Should be fixed next version.

hello, it’s really a nice plugin! but, it did not support version 1.10.x
can u make the this nice and useful plugin support 1.10.x
thank u !

There is already a ticket for this on github. It should be able to support 1.10 in the future :slight_smile:

Heya, are you on discord? I’ve been extensively testing your plugin against RBs like 3206 and above, and I keep running into certain weird issues. My beta tester posted to your github, but I was wondering if you were in any discord (like Sponge’s!) so we can chat directly in regards to Sponge cross-version compatibility. If you are somewhere in there, message me directly please! (@Rasgnarok#6969)

Yes, I have got a discord server now. https://discordapp.com/invite/Y27tx8Y

A new version has been released for PetBlocks, it is available for download here.

Developer Notes

• Adding support for the new minecraft version (1.13) has been difficult this time as there are many big changes. The spigot-server.jar (and minecraft 1.13 in general in my opinion) is far from being stable for production. Even my development world corrupted several times when working on this update so please be very careful and take precautionary measures!
  • Join the new discord if you have got further questions.
  • As always, special thanks for my patreon supporters!

Changes

• #165 Added support for spigot 1.13 and minecraft 1.13.
  • #166 Changed the build server configuration for faster builds by caching dependencies.
  • #168 Refactored particles, added wiki page and developer api wiki.
  • #169 Refactored sounds, added wiki page and developer api wiki.

Bugs/Issues

• #161 Fixed permissions of the minecraft-heads categories miss the suffix in the default config.yml.
  • #162 Fixed inventory checking throws an error when using Sponge.
  • #171 Fixed colored items and titles cause the inventory to break using Sponge.

Developer Notes

• This update is prioritising fixing issues for both bukkit and the spigot version and making the sponge version a lot more stable.
  • Thanks to all the new members of my discord which helped a lot resolving issues and improving PetBlocks!
  • As always, special thanks for my patreon supporters!

Changes

• #129 Refactored the deprecated dependency logic which means it can be easily accessed via the PetBlocksApi.
  • #175 Added support for the GriefPrevention plugin for PetBlocks-Sponge wiki.

Bugs/Issues

• #179 Added description to resolve this uncommon error to the FAQ.
  • #180 Fixed rightclicking and carrying pets by refactoring it.
  • #177 Fixed GUI Exception when using PetBlocks-Sponge.
  • #178 Fixed displaying correct exception.
  • #181 Fixed refactoring the worldguard dependency.
  • #183 Fixed the unbreakable tag does not get recognized when using PetBlocks-Sponge in the latest version.

Developer Notes

• I was actually thinking about waiting a while until I release another update, however I have prioritised it as the 1.13.1 support is highly important to many server owners.
  • Please take a look below, the config.yml has changed!
  • Special thanks to my patreon supporters!

Changes

• #190 Added support to Minecraft and Spigot version 1.13.1.
  • #190 Added NMS registry for 1.13.1.
  • #192 Refactored the custom skin and renaming action to the script engine wiki.

Bugs/Issues

• #191 PetBlocks do not always respawn on equipment change on Bukkit server.

config.yml

Please add the script tag to skullnaming-pet and naming-pet if you do not want to recreate your config.yml

gui:
  items:
    skullnaming-pet:
      enabled: true
      position: 37
      page: 'WARDROBE'
      id: 397
      damage: 3
      skin: 'none'
      name: '&2&lCustom costume'
      script: 'executing action customskin petblocks.action.customskin'
      unbreakable: false
      lore:
        - '&7Use the skin of another player as costume.'
    naming-pet:
      enabled: true
      position: 27
      unbreakable: false
      id: 421
      damage: 0
      skin: 'none'
      name: '&6&lRename'
      script: 'executing action rename petblocks.action.rename'
      page: 'MAIN'
      lore:
        - '&7Change the name of your pet.'

Are there any other pet plugins on Sponge which work on both SpongeForge and SpongeVanilla?

I daresay you are the only one