Planning plugin development projects

I’ll be doing my best to port some of desht’s plugins, namely sensible-toolbox. (more than I can chew, so any help will be appreciated)

Idea: why not get a porting team that handles porting plugins, that way we don’t have many half-ported plugins, but can whip out 2 or 3 in a week if we all work together?

I will be porting over a few of my plugins, including BowSpleef.

I will also work on porting my custom SurvivalGames plugin that is compatible with multiverse. To those of you offering to port plugins over that you do not own or develop for, remember that those authors are the owners of the code and you do not have the right to port over someone else’s project.

Hopefully enough plugins get ported over to Sponge after it launches that it satisfies the server owners.

I will be porting MobArena (finally a great chance to refactor for flexibility and extensibility).

3 Likes

I will porting KillerMoney, but we should make an economy system.

@octoshrimpy: I’d be willing to hop on that team!

1 Like

I’ll be porting over MultiInv, MonsterBox, EnchantAnything, EnjinMinecraftPlugin as well as help get DisguiseCraft ported over as well. I’ve also been talking to BigScary and he is going to be heading up the porting of GriefPrevention as well.

3 Likes

I’ll be porting over my Waypoints plugin. It’ll be an opportunity to re-design it to better serve as a general purpose portal management system.

Maybe, I can make an economy plugin, if necessary

Anyone know about Essentials as well?

Will need to port PlotMe

1 Like

ForgeEssentials exists (so its not a huge priority). I’ll be porting Zephyrus over and am willing to help port other plugins over if need be.

Oh good. I was kinda concerned.

I’ll be bringing Pl3xCities bukkit plugin over. It was never finished in time for Bukkit, so I’ll bring it here as soon as the API is usable. It’s a land management plugin in the form of user created and run cities and plots that supports both chunk based protections and cuboid region based protections (was going to also support WorldGuard regions, but I havent heard if thats being ported over or not yet).

I’ll be porting VoxelSniper and potentially a few other voxel-plugins (http://github.com/tvpt). Should make the people who have been bugging us for a single-player version for years happy heh.

Towny is receiving a re-write for Sponge. This will make Towny one of the few plugins to be built for hmod, bukkit and sponge.

3 Likes

The creator of worldguard is one of the sponge project owners, so that’s not an issue.

1 Like

Most likely the HeroCraft plugins will be ported over (Heroes, HeroChat, etc). I’m still waiting to see how the permissions system is going to be implemented. Most likely will be doing a system for it again either way it is done, will just be curious if it will be built in or need to be a user created API.

I’ll be porting over most of my plugins including Boss Bar Message and Picture Login. (Even though some weren’t that popular :laughing:)

I’ll be porting my plugins and creating an economy plugin :smile:

I’ll probably be porting over my old plugin, FriskStick. Funny enough, I rewrote it just before this whole DMCA situation started, so it was right on the verge of being updated when CraftBukkit was taken down.