[Planning/WIP] Skyblock

Shrugs

Don’t know what that is.

The winner’s answer congrats

I’m still determining the data storage format, but for right now it’s safe to say it will likely be RethinkDB or PostgreSQL. Currently, I’m working on how I’m going to handle islands.

It sounds like you’ve started work on it. Do you have a repository setup yet? I’d love to contribute!

I do, I’ll make it public soon. Be warned: this is the most modular piece of s*** you’ve ever laid eyes on. I, myself, am just figuring out what it entails. I also have no mechanism (yet) for storing the actual islands.

Excited to help! Hope to get a working build done by the release of SkyFactory 3

The way this beast is designed, it should fully support mod items and such. My other hope is to have the island stored in the database so that multiple servers can “consume” the same islands (not at the same time, but you know :stuck_out_tongue: ), so networks can dynamically scale (Kubernetes) Skyblock servers to meet the demands :slight_smile: . Let me explain how my setup works:

The “core” module (that handles databases and basic island functions, etc.) is in the top-level src/* folder. When it comes time to add more functional mechanisms (like, say, logging or a GUI), they will be added as Gradle modules and available as separate, add-on plugins. This plugin will redefine “modular” xD

Super happy to hear you use Gradle.
Do you plan on having built-in protection (a module addon) or add support for fox-guard or world-guard’s new sponge build.

I’d much rather rely on something like Prism, but that’d probably be an add-on module. Most out-of-the-box rollback plugins would have big issues with the way this plugin works.

For now, the code’s at https://github.com/20zinnm/Skyblock. I’m trying to figure out a serializable “functional” map for settings and module data. This plugin is also designed to be fault tolerant and Async, considering the loading mechanism :stuck_out_tongue:.

For rolling back, I agree that prism is the best.
But I’m talking about protection. What system do you plan on using for preventing other players from griefing other islands.
Will that be built in or do you plan on having modules for support from other plugins like worldguard and foxguard.

Let’s move this discussion to Gitter, I sent you an invite (20zinnm/Skyblock).

As for your question, that’s going to be a module: permissions-based protection. Basically, Skyblock will have its own “Ranks” and permissions system per-island.

I’m planning on bundling some modules together for different playing styles, but in general people can pick-n-choose what functionality they want.

Any news on the plugin? :smiley:

1 Like

It’s on the back-burner for personal reasons, but I’ll resume development soon.

Cant wait hope you manage to finish it somehow xo

1 Like

Is there any progress on this out of curiosity?

Maybe it became obsolete because of this SkyClaims - A SkyBlock Plugin designed for GriefPrevention

Yeah I’m using it but it’s not quite all there .I’ve Decided to just make my own. Thanks man.

Unfortunately, I’ve all but quit the Minecraft community. I’ve been moving on to making my own game, so this will likely never come to fruition. I’m happy to provide advice to someone who wants to make this, but I just don’t have the time nor the motivation to do it myself.