[Planning/WIP] Skyblock

Nice glad to see that :smiley:

Skyblock plugin for Sponge will be cool. Thanks!

Well get excited, because @gabizou and co are finishing the schematic API! Hype!

1 Like

Played and love Skyblock from the beginning. Picked up and started a 2.5 game with my best friend just last week, 40hrs into it now. Glad to see Sponge will have a Skyblock+ one day. Iā€™ll have to think of things that I feel are missing and would be nice to see in a server. I like what you have listed already.

Glad to hear youā€™re excited!

any developing news?

I am going to re-ask the question above. Is there any new info/progress on this project? Is this project still being worked on? When can we expect a beta/first release?

I am working on it somewhat, but Iā€™m on vacation a lot of this summer. There wonā€™t be any real progress until school starts up again. Iā€™ve been working on the database schemas and APIs to base it on.

Again, still waiting for a fully fleshed out Schematic API (@gabizou, @Deamon )

1 Like

Schematic API is merged right now :slight_smile:

1 Like

I guess the main question that plagues not only me: When? :yum:

Alright guys,

Iā€™ve gotten very, very busy with things going on. Iā€™m still working out the details of how this plugin will work, but the premise is that when someone visits their island, it gets pulled from a data storage mechanism (TBD) and pasted into a virtual worldā€“that is, a world that only exists while the island is loaded. Once everybody leaves the island for a certain amount of time, itā€™s destroyed.

Hopefully, Iā€™ll be able to actually sit down and work on this in the upcoming days. Stay tuned!

Hope to see this idea come about. If kind to the server, the tech behind these virtual worlds would lead to interesting features besides what you statedā€¦

The design is meant to minimize the server strain on all but a million-player server. Most Skyblock plugins have to load all islands in one go; this one loads and unloads them as needed.

Iā€™m curious, @Waterpicker, would a RethinkDB backend be a deal-breaker for everyone?

Also, how important is the ability to roll back changes? Or can that be left to another plugin, like Prism or LogBlock?

Shrugs

Donā€™t know what that is.

The winnerā€™s answer congrats

Iā€™m still determining the data storage format, but for right now itā€™s safe to say it will likely be RethinkDB or PostgreSQL. Currently, Iā€™m working on how Iā€™m going to handle islands.

It sounds like youā€™ve started work on it. Do you have a repository setup yet? Iā€™d love to contribute!

I do, Iā€™ll make it public soon. Be warned: this is the most modular piece of s*** youā€™ve ever laid eyes on. I, myself, am just figuring out what it entails. I also have no mechanism (yet) for storing the actual islands.