Player Can't Break Blocks

My server started with pure Forge and I recently migrated it to the Sponge. But after migration, players can’t destroy blocks. The destroyed block will recover automatically, but they can destroy torches and flowers then get their fallen objects. Players in the creative mode can destroy blocks.This shouldn’t be a permission issue because I don’t use any permission plugins. There is no error in the background of the server.
SpongeForge Version: 1.12.2-2838-7.1.7-RC3859
Forge Version: 1.12.2-14.23.5.2838
debug.log: https://gist.github.com/tian051011/e067f946ba01b7bb0052650f1968cc01

Actually it can be a permission issue. Because you dont have a permission plugin it means that by default, sponge will use the 4 level permission scheme built into minecraft. Essentially meaning if a plugin checks for if a player has permission to do X or Y then it would check what permission level they have, if they are not op (level 4) then it would return false, if they are op then it would return true

Even ops can’t break blocks in survival mode. But general players in creative mode can destroy it.

I have the same issue with any spongeforge build after 1.12.2-2838-7.1.7-RC3854

latest update seems to have fixed the issue

Yes, updating to the latest version alleviates this problem, but there is still a delay in breaking blocks.

In the sponge configuration file
There is an option for block destruction.
You can turn it on in the settings