Player Glow - Allows players to glow in various colors

I see you say ‘certain’ versions have issues with the glow, mind specifying the last known latest build known to work considering the latest as of this post does not for 1.10.2?

In my testing i’ve found it seems to work fine on newer 1.10.2 builds, and i’ve not had issues on any 1.11.2 builds.

I’m using the latest 1.10.2 and I am flickering. Also you happen to know why mobs end up with a black glow regardless of team?

The flickering seems a bit random, i wish i could narrow down what the exact problem is, as for mobs, i’m not sure, this isn’t something i have looked into.

The issue is a persistent issue from vanilla. Some thing about a glowing field in EntityLiving not being set. Of course looking up any answers on this was is absolute hell because besides this one thread there is like next to nothing about this feature at all.

Interesting, seems like there isn’t much that can be done to fix it, other than using a different minecraft version.

It should be fixable in Sponge/Forge. I’ll get to it tonight and provide you a copy of the mod.

Ok bud, I got it.

The issue is related to this bug,

https://bugs.mojang.com/browse/MC-91119

So here is a simple library you just drop into the mod folder and hook into or include in your plugin. Really up to you how you want to do it. You could just extract it and pack it in with yours. Not much point including source in your own plugin since it needs to be reobfuscated in order to work since it makes calls directly to the base class Entity.

https://github.com/vsddev/Player_Glow_Sponge/raw/master/lib/GlowFix-1.10.2.jar

You will need this to build against the GlowFix-x.x.x.jar since it has references to Entity and EntityPlayerMP. This is just an API of empty classes/methods for Minecraft so you can add as a dependency and not get tons of compile errors.

https://github.com/vsddev/Player_Glow_Sponge/raw/master/lib/VSD-MinecraftStubs.jar

Usage is real simple,

GlowFix.setGlowing(Player player, boolean glowing);

Then there is this. I issued a pull request and I also took the time to clean up that code and fix some major no nos. With this commit I did everything for you and improved the entire plugin with what amounts to a complete rewrite. Would also make maintaining this considerably less painful on you.

Compiled,
https://github.com/vsddev/Player_Glow_Sponge/raw/master/Versions/PlayerGlow_1.1.0.jar

A new version has been released for Player Glow, it is available for download here.

Release Version 1.1

*Fixed Compatability with Api version 7.0.0

1 Like

A new version has been released for Player Glow, it is available for download here.

Changelog

• Fixed issue where console would be spammed if the server was started with a empty .json file.
1 Like

• Added a config that allows for configurations of teams.
1 Like

• Mounts will now glow the same color as the player when mounted, and they will stop glowing when the player dismounts (this can be disabled in the config)

• Players are now added to a default group if they don’t have a glow color

• Fixed some minor bugs introduced in 1.2.0

• You will need to regenerate/delete your config for this update

1 Like

Awesome update :smiley:

1 Like

This update has been removed because of a serious issue with data handling.

• The code has completely rewritten, based on pull requests made by vsd & SubTypeZero, massive thanks to those guys

• Fixed an issue where mounts would glow when mounted, even if the player did not have the glow effect

• Please delete /playerglow/colorData.json before starting the server with this version if you want to avoid errors

1 Like

Hello, I’m a fan of this plugin- but I am experiencing one issue (that I didn’t see reported anywhere here)

Sprinting with glow enabled causes you to stutter, as though your sprint is being interrupted.

Minecraft 1.12.2
SpongeForge 3361
API 7.1
Forge 2739

Are you sprinting by pressing W twice, or are you sprinting by using the bound sprint key?

If you’re not using the sprint key minecraft bugs out.

Ah, yes- that’s precisely what I’m doing.
If I’m quite honest with you, I didn’t know the sprinting key was a feature- I’ve always just tapped W.

Thanks for clearing that up.

When you are in luminescence mode, ride the pokemon, the pokemon will also glow and cannot be restored.

What do you mean?