Players cannot gain experience

Players on my Pixelmon server cannot gain any experience from killing mobs and not even from experience orbs from bottles of experience. They toss bottles on the ground and their experience goes up and then it goes down.

1. I check their experience. This particular player has 1137 experience.
  2. I toss bottles on them. I also tried this with them tossing bottles on themselves. Experience goes up to 1148.
  3. I check their exp again a few seconds later. Their experience is back down to 1137.

This isn’t the only player to have this issue. If anyone can help, I’d be very grateful! Thanks in advance.
Here is the server log, however, I didn’t see any errors when trying to use the bottles.

Here is a list of my mods/plugins:
AnotherGymPlugin
AutoBroadcasterSponge
BuycraftX
CarrotShop
CatClearLag
MagiBridge (server to Discord bot)
LuckPerms
PixelExtras
PixelGenocide
Nucleus
PixelHunt
PixelUpgrade
Pixelmon Reforged 6.3.4
PixelmonBroadcasts
PixelmonEconomyBridge
PokeStops
TotalEconomy
WonderTrade
Gameshark
GriefPrevention
nuVotifier
SeriousVote
SpongeForge
Worldedit

Did you check to see if this happens if you remove Sponge and the plugins? This seems more like a mod issue than a Sponge/ plugin one, but only way to know for sure is to test it.

I’ve actually had similar issues with synchronizing exp gain (adding back some xp will show all of it back, or dying refreshes the UI, etc). I haven’t noticed this behaviour at all on Forge+Pixelmon only. I would say it’s the tracking of xp bottles with GP and Sponge’s cause tracker that is causing the issue.

@Coolkc456If you can test without Sponge (simply to prove it works or doesn’t), please tag me to let me know!

Sorry for the late reply. I had to wait to get my Internet transferred.
How would I test without Sponge? I’m running a Pixelmon server and all the mods rely on Sponge. If I remove the mods and Sponge, wouldn’t that be vanilla? And I am 100% certain this isn’t a vanilla issue.

Pixelmon and other mods depend on Forge, not Sponge. Only Sponge Plugins require Sponge.
To test your setup without Sponge, just remove SpongeForge from the mods folder. Forge will want to make a backup because “Sponge:human” is missing, but little else should change.

1 Like