Please make a Version for 1.16.1

In an old discusion you said that they work on the 1.14.x (2018). But now we alredy have 2020 and the new Minecraft Version 1.16.1. What I whant to say you are the only people how made a server for forge and plugins and so many people want a server like this in 1.14.x - 1.16.x. So PLEASE make a new Version.

They are actively working on getting to 1.14.X. They are making steady progress which you can follow on the sponge-discord or github event.
They are working on it, just give them time.
Once 1.14 is up and running, getting to 1.16 will be a lot faster too.

Stay patient, they are working on this. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Remember, everyone on the Sponge team are volunteers, using thier own personal time to work on Sponge. Doing massive updates like this takes a lot of time and effort and isn’t as simple as changing a few lines of code. There seems to be a lot of difference between 1.12 and 1.14 (as you can probably tell by the fact many modders are struggling to update), but once they’ve gotten to 1.14 they’re updating much quicker, having laid the groundwork.

Please be paitent with the wonderful souls who are working on this project, they’re doing a great job!

If you want to help, they do have a Patreon that you can support :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Be patient man, I’m sure they’re doing their best to update minecraft version. :slight_smile:

There has been great strides into porting Sponge to 1.15.2 (im sure not too long after you will see a 1.16+ port).

You will be happy to know that Sponge API (the part of Sponge that plugins hook into) is pretty much finished with only a single major change planned.

SpongeCommon and SpongeVanilla (both the same thing now) are working client and server side with the main focus after the Sponge API being to fix up a few things and then deal with Mixens (The part of Sponge that interacts directly with Minecraft events and stuff). The whole 1.15.2 team have done an amazing job so far and while only knows who know how sponge CI works or those who download the code and build it can see the job they have done so far. Im sure it wont be too long before we see a public build.

Please note that I am not part of the Sponge team, just a plugin developer who reads the 1.15.2 developer chat on discord

1 Like

Every time I see a similar question, I always see your similar reply.
We know sponges are free and voluntary. We didn’t force you anything.
This kind of topic just wants to remind and update.
Why repeat over and over again that everyone is a volunteer?

Because not everyone understands that the Sponge team doesnt get much of a opportunity to be motivated by money. But its more of the fact they don’t do it as a full time job as they cannot live on dontations alone, which means that time to develop isnt on their side, so the development time of anything will take longer then a full time business. Due to the fact everyone works in their own time on Sponge, you will find that some developers only work once a week for a hour or something like that (I dont know about the Sponge team so that timing maybe inaccurate, thats just based of myself, but it still puts it in preparative).

Not everyone reads other topics within the same vain to the topic they create (even though they should to prevent duplicates) which means you are more then likely going to get duplicate responses such as mine (above) and yepidoodles.

1 Like

Because people are tired of threads like this asking for 1.16 updates on a free to use software that is done in peoples free time.

1 Like