PokeSearch - Pixelmon simplified server-sided PokeRadar-like system

This is a discussion topic for the Ore project, PokeSearch. View the full project on Ore for downloads and more information.


This plugin aims to add a simple version of a PokeRadar-like system to Pixelmon servers in the form of a server-sided plugin.

Players can create searches for specific Pokemon or specified types (boss, shiny, Totem) of Pokemon and when a Pokemon fitting the description of what the player is searching for spawns, it will notify the player!

Server owners can configure settings to better control what can be searched for, how often, and how much it costs to start a search in the settings.conf file.

For commands and permissions, please see the support channel of my Discord.

Enjoy!

A new version has been released for PokeSearch, it is available for download here.


Initial release

A new version has been released for PokeSearch, it is available for download here.


  • Fixed plugin throwing errors when Pokemon spawned on a player with no active searches

  • Added support of abilities, using an “ab:” “ability:” spec in the command
    (If Pokemon cannot naturally have ability given, or ability is misspelled, it will default to “Any”)

A new version has been released for PokeSearch, it is available for download here.


  • Added a messages.conf file that contains, well, messages

  • These messages support text formatting (color codes) and are configurable

  • This new addition not only fixes a bug with the text displayed when shinies, bosses, and Totems spawned but also allows people to have more control over the plugin’s messages

A new version has been released for PokeSearch, it is available for download here.


PokeRadar-like server-sided SpongeForge plugin

A new version has been released for PokeSearch, it is available for download here.


PokeRadar-like server-sided SpongeForge plugin

A new version has been released for PokeSearch, it is available for download here.


PokeRadar-like server-sided SpongeForge plugin

A new version has been released for PokeSearch, it is available for download here.


PokeRadar-like server-sided SpongeForge plugin

A new version has been released for PokeSearch, it is available for download here.


PokeRadar-like server-sided SpongeForge plugin

A new version has been released for PokeSearch, it is available for download here.


PokeRadar-like server-sided SpongeForge plugin

A new version has been released for PokeSearch, it is available for download here.


  • Switched the plugin creating an EntityPixelmon variable in the spawn listener (which usually causes an error due to Pixelmon’s naughty - from what I’ve been told, anyway - spawning on main thread stuff) to using the PokemonSpec variable provided by the event. I can pull the same information from it, so I can only assume its the “correct/designated” way that Pixelmon (Generations) intends for this to be used, potentially solving that error without breaking the plugin.

A new version has been released for PokeSearch, it is available for download here.


  • Nothing changed, just updated version number to stay consistent with Generations version number

A new version has been released for PokeSearch, it is available for download here.


  • Fixed GUI being weird due to my dumb use of ActionableElements where I didn’t need them (hopefully, I actually have not tested anything in this update…but what else is new? :P)

  • Updated to SpongeForge 7.3

  • Fixed server crashing when trying to apply PokeSearch code to not-Pokemon spawned entities

A new version has been released for PokeSearch, it is available for download here.


  • Should have finally fixed spawning errors on Generations version:

    – Turns out, I was using an event that doesn’t actually do anything with spawning Pokemon at all, so I switched out the PlayerPokemonSpawnEvent for the SpawnEvent so hopefully that will fix that

  • Fixed GUI being weird due to my dumb use of ActionableElements where I didn’t need them (hopefully, I actually have not tested anything in this update…but what else is new? :P)

  • Updated to SpongeForge 7.3

  • Fixed server crashing when trying to apply PokeSearch code to not-Pokemon spawned entities

A new version has been released for PokeSearch, it is available for download here.


  • Cleaned up the GUI code (was still coded in the format I used back when I didn’t understand how the HuskyUI worked)

  • Added support of Legendary Generator’s natural spawner system when using PokeSearch to hunt for legendaries

    – Before now, PokeSearch would go off when a legendary was attempted to be spawned by default Pixelmon, even though the spawn was cancelled by Legendary Generator, causing some confusion

A new version has been released for PokeSearch, it is available for download here.


  • Cleaned up the GUI code (was still coded in the format I used back when I didn’t understand how the HuskyUI worked)

  • Added support of Legendary Generator’s natural spawner system when using PokeSearch to hunt for legendaries

    – Before now, PokeSearch would go off when a legendary was attempted to be spawned by default Pixelmon, even though the spawn was cancelled by Legendary Generator, causing some confusion

  • (Generations version) Added support of Better Bosses when using PokeSearch to hunt for bosses

A new version has been released for PokeSearch, it is available for download here.


  • Believed to have fixed forced dependency of Legendary Generator

  • Updated PokeSearch’s Legendary Generator module to support LG 6.0.0

A new version has been released for PokeSearch, it is available for download here.


  • Believed to have fixed forced dependency of Legendary Generator

  • Updated PokeSearch’s Legendary Generator module to support LG 6.0.0