Poll: XenForo vs Discourse

I like XenForo more, I really don’t like the infinite page it should be spread out. Also, more people are used to the XenForo platform. Either way I’m fine with whats chosen I will just need to get used to this.

I was against Discourse at first but I have taken a liking to it, everything seems easy to use (excluding polls) although on any server forums I think XenForo beats Discourse for end user friendliness. but the auto promote thing is nice as well

If you don’t like the infinite page thing, its really easy to navigate using the little bar on the right (clicking on it will bring up options to jump by post numbers as well as to go directly to the end)

I like XenForo better! Discourse looks kinda strange but I kinda like it too!

What people mean by that, exactly?

This has been dead for quite a while. Pls don’t necro, I cri evr tim… :sob:

By unorganised he probablly means the fact that it’s sorted by latest activity and not by subforum / category. The way it was before was much more intuitive imho, but I don’t care too much.

1 Like

At the very top of the forums is a “latest” Button which sorts the topics by activity. I like this more too… :wink:
The category view is neat, when you just want to visit single subforums.
Both views have their pros and cons.

2 Likes

Thanks to both, makes sense! :slight_smile:

There, there… Don’t cry. Here, take a curved yellow fruit.

And I luv necro! This is a necro baby of 4 months, tops.

You know how hard it is to accidently necro with discorse, there needs to be a pop-up when you visit a post over a month old, like “This topic hasn’t had any new posts for over a moneth, please don’t necro and post on this thread”

2 Likes

You know, that could be done with a little bit of code. With grease monkey and stylish.

1 Like

It means what I said. Discourse is ugly and hard to navigate. A default Xenforo site looks better and is easier to use.

This thread has been dead for a year. Discourse is staying. Time to lock this …

1 Like