Post your desktop wallpaper!

Alright. I’ll give it a go.

I shifted the hue to a nice cerulean (?) blue, lightened and saturated it a bit. I can make it a deeper blue if you want.

Yeah a bit darker would be nice

How about one of these? Too dark? Too saturated? Too purple? Still too light? :stuck_out_tongue:

perfect thanks :smiley:

1 Like

Dang that’s sweet, how’d you do it? Any specific photoshop tools?

@cae1136 I used Gimp, actually, as my desktop doesn’t have Photoshop installed. It wasn’t really hard, I just opened the original image and shifted the hue to the general colour I wanted, then tweaked the lightness and contrast a slight bit. Gimp has a window where you can control all three of those with sliders. I don’t remember what the menu button is called, exactly, but it is under “image”. I’d check, but on my laptop i only have Photoshop :slight_smile:

EDIT: I just realized that means I can check what the corresponding Photoshop command is. It’s Ctrl+U or Image → Adjustments → Hue/Saturation…

Okay I see how you were doing that. If you don’t have photoshop, gimp is the next best thing.

3 Likes

I’ve got a google drive repo of wallpapers to cycle through. dual monitor while I’m at work, and single while I’m at home. I might prepare them for public use this weekend.

1 Like

1 Like

I beat speedrunner online, and I’m proud.
doubledutchgames.com/speedrunner

Imagine if this was staring at you every time you logged in :3

4 Likes

I like http://wallpaperjam.com/ It has a great variety of well done beautiful wallpapers

And so it came that also this thread should rise from its grave to join the necro army of the undead.

@Hunter5

Pls don’t necropost :trollface:

1 Like

… unless it actually contributes significantly to the original topic.
In this case, you’re probably right, as the poster @Hunter5 didn’t mention their wallpaper, just a website. But this is an edge case, and it’s in Off-Topic already.
I’m going to give this the benefit of doubt and leave the topic open, so we don’t end up with a dozen “desktop wallpaper” threads.

Here’s my current one:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/81927080/Desktop%20Background.bmp

2 Likes

oh, guys… dont be so suspicious!!! I dont think that renewing 3 month old topic is a big problem. My current background is beautiful cityscape

My Lockscreen Wallpaper:

My Desktop Wallpaper:

2 Likes

And occasionally

2 Likes