Project Portals

Np. Spent many hours trying to figure that one out for my server…

Made a portal (/p create test world), it filled in with particles just like vanilla nether portals do (purple color). Then i removed the portal via the /p remove command and now I have no working portal, the purple effects are still there and i cant place blocks or even world edit where it used to be… help?

*Edit Server restart fixed this.

Greetings.

For the pressure plates. Will this work with anything that inherits the pressure plate in the code, or only specifically the vanilla plate?
I want to use an invisible pressure plate from a popular mod as a plate warp, but I won’t even bother trying if it won’t work with mod items.
The same question for another mod that adds various button, switches and signs in different materials.

Once i already have a portal made how do i edit its destination?

How to cross-server?
I searched all the introduction!
Did not find the use of instructions!

@Breantique

Due to not knowing the item id’s for modded items no, but at some point would like to add support.

@mip68

/portal destionation but It’s broken in the current version

@sklm

You’ll need SpongyCord, then you can use the command /portal create <name> <server> -b

Any news on when Coordinates portals will be fixed? Mine keep disappearing each server restart :frowning: even with a force server save…

Wasn’t aware they were broken…

I posted something here a few days ago. When I create my portals everything is fine and they work but after the server restarts they disappear and don’t even show up in a /p list. warps are the same.

So I spent the morning testing this and never ran into this issue. Created every type of portal available, all retained data on restart, including improper shutdowns.

weird… Is there anything I could do/try to stop this? Using nucleus, and luckperms.
Steps im doing:
ex:
/p c north world -c 100 90 100
create frame
/p save
fill frame
/p save
and then a return portal
/p c nspawn world
create p
/p save
fill p
/p save

But after server restart its all gone. Even have the server do a force save every hour…

I would try starting with a new data file. Backup and delete the data file in the pjp config directory and see what happens.

Update for latest Sponge version, thanks :wink:

Hi,

Using spongeforge-1.10.2-2254-5.2.0-BETA-2264.jar and ProjectPortals-v0.13.6, when creating a portal the specified direction upon teleportation is ignored, always pointing east.

2 Likes

I can confirm that for version spongeforge-1.10.2-2281-5.2.0-BETA-2274 too.
Also portals dont save between sessions.

EDIT: My bad, portals get saved but deactivate if the world doesn’t get loaded on startup. Maybe you could print an info abou that to the console. “Cannot load Portal “NAME”: World doesn’t exist or isn’t load”, something like that.
btw /world loadonstartup doesn’t have an effect for me. I had to manuelly set load-on-startup in the sponge config file.

1 Like

Am i doing it right if i type this?
/portal create Pokemon < IP > -b

I also tried /portal create POKEMON < ip >:< port > -b
Not sure whats the issue. :confused:
Nothing happens when i type it, no reaction at all. Do i need to enable something in the config?

Minecraft Sponge Forge 1.11.2, latest version. Also running latest Minecraft Forge version on clients.

server name, not server ip

Oh, right, i thought it was domain name or ip compatible. How do i know the correct server name on my server? As only Classic Minecraft had server name in config.

I’ve tried motd, level-name, not sure what to do now? Thanks for your fast reply.

Server names are configured in BungeeCord.

Im using SpongyCord, but do i also need to get BungeeCord then? :slight_smile:
Nevermind, i found info about BungeeCord, and the way it works.
I guess i will have some stuff to do… :slight_smile:

https://docs.spongepowered.org/stable/en/server/getting-started/bungeecord.html

https://www.spigotmc.org/wiki/bungeecord/

Thanks alot for taking your time.

I guess i will drop this project, not enaugh documentation around this with Sponge, i found this: SpongePls [BungeeCord Forge Support]

But im not sure, I don’t wanna risk the server.