Project Worlds - World Manager

Looks cool! Two requests, though:

• Will there be support to clone a world (see Server.copyWorld() or similar)?
  • When a world is cloned (via a command or via another plugin calling Server.copyWorld()), are the plugin’s settings copied as well?

If both of those are taken care of, I’ll plan to try it out once I port a private server over to Sponge.

1 Like

Sounds like a planned feature to me :grinning:

2 Likes

As of now, all requested features have been added.

Requesting testers to take a stab at importing bukkit worlds. My small scale tests seemed successful. Recommend making backups before taking the plunge

3 Likes

I just did a test on importing world it works great I will make an additional test I told you to give her.

Thanks again

thanks. I’ve made additional changes upcoming. import is being replaced by the load command which will now also handle importing non sponge worlds

1 Like

First of all, thank you for your work!

I have also tested the import function and it works fine.

I have a question through: is it (now) possible to set an initial world to which players spawn when they connect to the server, some kind of lobby? And is it possible to keep inventories separated between different worlds?

Thank you again :slight_smile:

Hello,
I just made the new test can be imported under Bukkit create a world without worry.

But if I create a world in local singles player mode and then I transfer to my public server and I import it work but when I want to teleport in the world that I create in single player it shows me well the screenshot the name of the world but not teleports me in the new world?.

I have a question we can teleport a player or even be on a coordinated or teleport a player in another world for me?.

Can create an empty world, without blocks?

@pbd
You know it never occurred to me for some reason even though it’s a pretty standard multi world feature. I will work on implementing that soon. As far as the separate inventories go, I’ve thought a lot about it, and considering it’s a feature large enough to be it’s own plugin, I’ve decided against it for now. I may create a multi world inventory plugin in the future when the inventory API is finished but as of now it’s not on my to do list.

@Geant
I’ve actually come across this problem during my tests, and I don’t believe its a single player world issue. I think the problem has to do with Sponge not being able to identify a spawn point for said world. Not sure how to tackle this issue yet I’m working on it.

I know the teleport command is pretty basic right now, but I will be working on adding more functions shortly. Right now the only way to teleport other players is to use the vanilla tp command.

@vSkyD1
Not yet, I’m working creating a VOID modifier.

2 Likes

Thank you for the answers I’m looking forward to it all depends on.

Thank you beforehand.

Latest update should help resolve unsafe spawn points. If a spawn point is unsafe, a message will ask to teleport anyways. Make sure your in creative mode before teleporting, as you may either suffocate or fall to your death. Once in the problem world, reset the spawn point to a safe location with /world setspawn and the problem should go away.

1 Like

Void modifier is now functional but not fully tested. you can create an empty world with /world create {world} M:VOID. It also accepts different dimension types that allow you to create a end or nether void.

1 Like

Hi, this plugin crashes my server, can you help me?

Are you on the latest version of sponge? Pastebin your crash log

1 Like

Nevermind…:no_mouth:

Hello, nice plugin, but the permission for build is in this plugins ? thx ! <3

Does the world manager create/look for worlds in a specific folder or where should worlds be located?

Sponge sticks to the default vanilla behavior, All worlds are in the default world folder. You’ll also find DIM1 and DIM-1 is this folder as well.

./YourSpongeServer/world/{put world here}

1 Like

Looks great so far, hope it lives up to its promise!

I don’t recall promising anything but I’ll do my best. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes