PwnFilter Port (Chat filtering) [SpongeForge 1000]

Will this be ported to SpongeAPI 4.0

not sure if its possible but for the ‘warn’ variable color codes and clickable url links allowed within it?

Tried it, can’t XD wish that gets added

I assume this is dead and not compatible with the 5.0 API?

I think the version here isn’t even compatible with API 4.

Perhaps someone would like to update it?

can someone update this plugin to api 5 or 6?

Forked this ages ago and was using for a short time on my server. Just checked and the jar still works on latest sponge builds so made it a release on my fork, can be found here - Release Updated build for sponge port · JamieS1211/PwnFilter · GitHub

1 Like

the jar has always been working if you put it on the server, like the plugin registers and all but doesn’t work at all.

Same with the jar that is available from my fork? I tested it on sponge 1.10.2 2109 and using default config it blocked swearing.

I just assumed since the version number is the same. The one from the main thread is also 3.4.0 and doesn’t work so yeah. I’ll test your fork and give an update, but someone told me it does work.

Update: Yeah it doesn’t work.

then replace and then rewrite doesn’t work but then warn works

I am very very confused over this issue. Went to test it out myself and it didn’t work, did some changes and it was working, had another look at changes decided they were wrong so reverted. Tested again with no changes and it was working… Could you possibly PM me your config and I can have a play with it try and find what is going on XD

Sure. I’ll send it in a bit.

I just loaded that config into my test enviroment and it worked just fine, are you 100% sure your using the jar from my fork? I have renamed the file so if you try redownloading it it should show as “pwnfilter-3.4.0-sponge-api6.jar”. If you can try that again and let me know how it goes. If something is still broken I suspect it may be something elsewhere in some config.

you tested with no other plugins right?

Was using nothing but spongeforge, the jar I built and using default config except replacing default rules file with your rules file.

Then there might be a plugin I’m using that blocks the functionality. Perhaps nucleus or something that modifies chat as well.

possibly, I would suggest that you test it yourself with your normal entire config and then see how it goes. Could then do the usual of adding in everything else one at a time to see what causes the break

While it’s clear this is a direct port and doesn’t deal with Nucleus’ formatting especially well (removing my hover messages if the filter blocks something), my quick testing with Nucleus shows it’s working fine, it replaced messages as expected.

Are you continuing to work on this?

Just that I’m having problems getting the commands.txt to work (chat.txt works great tho!)