Realistic Chat - Chat like in real life, not everyone can hear you (clearly)!

This is a discussion topic for the Ore project, Realistic Chat. View the full project on Ore for downloads and more information.

Realistic Chat

Realistic Chat is a Sponge API 7 plugin that restricts chat messages sent by players only to be received inside a certain area around them

Specifications

• It’s for SpongeAPI 7.0.0/7.1.0 (Minecraft 1.11.2/1.12/1.12.2).
  • Everyone within 7 blocks can hear you clearly, everyone within 12 blocks can hear you.
  • When a player first joins, a message will be sent to the player containing instructions on how to use this plugin.
  • Using explanation marks: Adding 1 explanation mark adds:
    • 5 blocks in which players can hear you clearly (The 5 blocks are also added on the radius in which players can hear you.
    • 5 seconds of the hunger effect.
    • You can of course combine explanation marks: Using 3 explanation marks:
      • Adds 15 blocks to the radius.
      • Gives the sender 15 seconds of the hunger effect.

Installation

Just place the plugin file in your plugins folder, restart the server and you’re ready to go!

Expected functions

There are a few functions I want to add to RealisticChat:

• Configs
  • Some more stuff based on what you want and your feedback
1 Like

Hi, your plugin seems to be very good but it really need a config text. Moreover, when we are 8 blocks and more the chat write a list of infinite letter that"s a bit disgusting for eyes ^^

I really enjoy your work and want to see a finallity of your work.

Regards

Hello @Alexis_Picoche, sorry for the (extreme) late reaction.

I actually saw your message in july, but forgot to answer you, sorry! :sweat_smile:

But thank you for the feedback, I’ll try to change the way obfuscated text looks, but I’m actually using the built in Minecraft function.

I’ll see if I have some time to add a config and change the obfuscated text, I’m currently working on a game, so I also have some other things on my mind. I’m pretty new to Sponge, so it may take some time, sorry about that.

Thank you for your support! :grinning:

(By the way, if you want your own values for the obfuscating distance, for now, you can find the source code on my Github, change the values and compile it yourself.)