We have just released a new recommended build of SpongeForge and SpongeVanilla! Version 7.1.10 is now available for your general usage. This time around, there are no particular things to be aware of when upgrading, so just upgrade in the normal fashion and everything should be fine!
The changes this time around are:
- The command manager now forces all commands that are invoked async to run on the server thread.
- A better exception message is thrown if an invalid
BlockStateID is requested from the registry.
- If a mod is added an they load an older version of Mixin than Sponge requires, Sponge will now throw an informative error and stop your server, making it clear something has gone wrong.
Schematichandling when entities exist in the volume to be snapshotted has now been fixed.
- Fixed error where only zombie spawners were being generated in newly-generated dungeons.
EntityHits arising from
BlockRays will now return the correct distance from the source of the ray to the entity.
multi-world-patchessection of the config is respected and correctly populated again.
- In SpongeForge, all
EntityTypeswill now use the correct Minecraft ID for the entity they represent.
Locationdata no longer requires the world name to be created.
- Slot lenses have been correctly ordered in the implementation, so that all four armor slots now return
EquipmentSlot, rather than just three of them.
You can download these builds from our Downloads page, https://spongepowered.org/downloads
Join our Army of Release Candidate Testers!
If you hang around our Discord server, then you may have noticed that I recently pinged a “Release Candidate” role. This role is for those of you who want to be told when we have a pre-recommended build to test. Testers are vital to our community and we would love to have those of you who run test servers to give us a hand in semi-real world situations. We promise not to ping you too much! We also have a separate testing channel that allows you to give us feedback directly, without the noise of us supporting others in #general.
If you wish to be proactively notified of testing builds and just help us build a better Sponge for server owners worldwide, please join the Release Candidate role. You can do so by reacting to the message in #roles.
That’s all from me for now, thanks!