Schematic Brush

Schematic Brush was an add-on plugin for bukkit worldedit which allowed to paste schematics around using a brush tool. That was really really helpful for things like trees for example.
> The official bukkit page <

Maybe there is a way to convert that to sponge, with or without worldedit :slight_smile:

Thanks! :wink:

Hi, two weeks ago i contacted mike and got his permission to rewrite this tool.
I was quite busy but i think i might release it during this weekend.

VoxelSniper is capable of using schematics, and if anything, CopyPasta can be used as a standalone plugin.

Sounds awesome! :smile:

Just wanted to ask if there is any update regarding the situation :slight_smile:

fast port, nothing fancy
I havent got any time to properly test it, so far i can only tell it will load with sponge 1.10 bleedeing edge builds.
any feedback would be appreciated

Commands are same as bukkit version.
configuration file is not same. do not copy your old one to schematic brush config dir.

That’s really great, thanks for your effort!
I wanted to test it out, but when applying the brush it says “This can only be used by players” What am I doing wrong? I’m on my private sponge server (and therefor admin of course)

that was a bug Release 1.0.1 · NeumimTo/SchematicBrush-SpongeAPI · GitHub fixed

1 Like

I was testing it for a bit now and it all seemed to work :slight_smile: I couldn’t find any bugs.
At first I thought there was something off regarding the “-place:” but I found out what I did wrong ^^
Thanks alot man! This will be so super useful :smile:
In case I find something in the future I make sure to keep you up to date!

As I said, I want to keep you up to date. I found a bug, but I don’t know what causes it unfortunately. Some schematics have half their blocks missing when pasted in a specific rotation/ mirrored in a specific direction. Or maybe it is a combo of these two elements. From what I’ve experienced these happens to like every 3rd-5th schematic. All other ones work completely fine. I saved them all using the exact same method in world edit.

Tried to use it but didn’t work. It would act like it pasted and I’d see something in the console to that effect but nothing would display.

What exactly did you do?

@talset333 Is it problem with some specific schematic files or it appears to be random? Does the schematic contain modded blocks?

It happens with specific schematics, some of them behave completely normal, others “corrupt” when pasted in a specific way.
The schematics contain modded blocks, but I recreated the problem using a schematic only containing cobblestone. So I would guess that’s not the issue (also regarding the fact that many other schematics work perfectly fine all of which contain modded blocks )

Initially I just made a simple schematic. A couple of blocks selected in world edit and saved it. Loading it to the brush I saved it and got a notification in the console that it pasted but I could never see it. I copied in one of the fantasy tree schematics from Lentebriesje (which is real reason I really wanted to use this brush anyway) and it works fine. I added the -place:BOTTOM attribute on the brush setup. So not entirely sure why but it appears to work.

As anybody tried using the schset functionality? I can create the set, add to it and even use it in game. However when I restart the server it chokes on the config file it creates with the exception below. I’m pretty sure it’s the file (config\schematicbrush\schematicbrush.conf). If I delete the file and directory, brush functionality returns and it loads fine.

Exception:
[20:41:22] [Server thread/ERROR] [Sponge/sponge]: Could not pass FMLInitializationEvent to Plugin{id=schematicbrush, name=SchematicBrush, version=1.0.0, source=C:\Sieg\Forge-Server\mods\SchematicBrush-1.0.1.jar}
java.lang.ClassCastException: com.google.gson.internal.LinkedTreeMap cannot be cast to java.util.LinkedHashMap
at com.mikeprimm.bukkit.SchematicBrush.SchematicBrush.loadSchematicSets(SchematicBrush.java:880) ~[SchematicBrush.class:?]
at com.mikeprimm.bukkit.SchematicBrush.SchematicBrush.onEnable(SchematicBrush.java:345) ~[SchematicBrush.class:?]
at org.spongepowered.common.event.listener.GameInitializationEventListener_SchematicBrush_onEnable12.handle(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
at org.spongepowered.common.event.RegisteredListener.handle(RegisteredListener.java:95) ~[RegisteredListener.class:1.10.2-2092-5.0.0-BETA-1759]
at org.spongepowered.mod.event.SpongeModEventManager.post(SpongeModEventManager.java:353) [SpongeModEventManager.class:1.10.2-2092-5.0.0-BETA-1759]
at org.spongepowered.mod.event.SpongeModEventManager.post(SpongeModEventManager.java:394) [SpongeModEventManager.class:1.10.2-2092-5.0.0-BETA-1759]
at org.spongepowered.mod.SpongeMod.onStateEvent(SpongeMod.java:222) [SpongeMod.class:1.10.2-2092-5.0.0-BETA-1759]