Serializing a single item. java.lang.Byte

I got this error when using DataFormats.JSON, neither that or using GsonConfigurationLoader is working out for me.

What you say makes a lot of sense, even if I got it to serialize, I probably would have problems converting it back to an item. Sadly, I’m not willing to write the custom code to fix the issue, seems like something Sponge should handle. I understand that making a fix for the problem can be problematic/ugly on its own and hope Sponge devs can fix this issue in the best way possible.

Question: What’s the use-case? If it doesn’t need to be editable, you could always use DataFormats.NBT.

Buy and sell pokemobs, I would require to change the owner of the pokecube mob. Could try to see if it could work without it, but do need to store the data in a database.

Is there no way to access the vanilla NBTTagCompound.toString(), then use that as the serialized json? Then use the JsonToNBT method used by the vanilla /give to deserialize it.

I have not looked at pluggin stuff for a while, but shouldn’t sponge at least be able to have some wrapper or something for that?

I mean, you could just depend on Minecraft and call that method.

Well, if it’s a database, then why not just store the output of DataFormats.NBT as a BLOB?