Server hang with sponge and mods 1.16

Hey, I’m trying to get sponge 1.16 working on my server and I can get it to boot up without luckperms, but then it just hangs after 5 minutes exactly, saying that quote “overworld settings are missing”. Anyone able to help me understand wtf is going on?

If you can share the server log file it would help (preferably via a link to a paste site). SpongeForge for 1.16.5 is still under development, so there are a few bugs that still need to be ironed out.

This is the full log.txt as it shows in the logs folder, but I’m not sure if it’s the entire startup log.

On another note, the server generally seems to always be up for exactly 5 minutes before hitting the proverbial wall of “Overworld settings missing” without Luckperms on.

The default server save interval is five minutes. I wonder if it’s auto-save that’s exploding.

I suspect it is related to this issue: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Overworld settings missing · Issue #3641 · SpongePowered/Sponge · GitHub
Please add your report there - it seems that you can reproduce the bug reliably, which should help find it and kill it.