Server Issues

When I attempt to run my forge.jar file using my batch command I get this issue

A problem occurred running the Server launcher.java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) at net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.run(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:70) at net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.main(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:34) Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/logging/log4j/Level at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:94) at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) ... 6 more Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.logging.log4j.Level at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ... 8 more

The batch command I use is…

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_231\bin\java.exe" -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar forge.jar pause

It looks like a mod is trying to use the apache lib, that Forge does not load. This is not a problem with sponge, instead its a problem with another mod, sadly that info in the crash log you have given does not show what mod it is.

If you have a crash log, that will probably give out the full error instead of reporting

... 8 more

Also please read this first before posting crashes.

2 Likes