Setting Up Mixins in Forge Workspace

Hello, I’m trying to setup mixins for my Forge mod, but I’m currently having trouble with it.

I’ve followed the instructions on the wiki at Plugin Mixins — Sponge 5.1.0 documentation
but I’ve followed through it and this error is shown when I run “gradlew clean build” on my Forge workspace:

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

• Where:
    Build file ‘C:\forge-1.8.9-11.15.1.2318-1.8.9-mdk\build.gradle’ line: 22
    (error line: apply plugin: ‘org.spongepowered.mixin’)
  • What went wrong:
    A problem occurred evaluating root project ‘forge-1.8.9-11.15.1.2318-1.8.9-mdk’.

Failed to apply plugin [id ‘org.spongepowered.mixin’]
Could not find task ‘genSrgs’ on root project ‘forge-1.8.9-11.15.1.2318-1.8.9-mdk’, ensure ForgeGradle is applied.

Any solutions to this problem?
On another note, how do I add the mixin library so Eclipse doesn’t show a bunch of errors?
I’ve tried compiling the mixin jar at the repo for it in Github, but the version is a dev version (0.7), and the version in the wiki is 0.6.6.

• Have you applied ForgeGradle?
  • Have you run setupDecompWorkspace?
  • Have you added a dependency on Mixin?

EDIT 2: I ran into another error. See below.
EDIT: I managed to fix the error entirely. I followed the guide in Cookbook/build.gradle at master · SpongePowered/Cookbook · GitHub
and after using the correct version of mixin, all the errors have been resolved.

Okay, I ran into another error now. The mod can now be fully built, but it doesn’t work anymore. The only way to “fix” it is to remove the TweakClass in META-INF, which disables the mod.
Anyway to fix this?
The logs don’t show any errors either. The mixin does work:
[main/INFO]: SpongePowered MIXIN Subsystem Version=0.7-dev Source=file:/C://mods/mod-1.0.jar Env=CLIENT

However, right after this, Forge only identifies 3 mods to load:
Found 0 mods from the command line. Injecting into mod discoverer
[Client thread/INFO]: Searching C:<mcdir>\mods for mods
[Client thread/INFO]: Forge Mod Loader has identified 3 mods to load
[Client thread/INFO]: Attempting connection with missing mods [mcp, FML, Forge] at CLIENT
[Client thread/INFO]: Attempting connection with missing mods [mcp, FML, Forge] at SERVER