šŸ›” [Anti-Grief|General Protection] RedProtect Universal (All APIs Compatible)

Any chance of updating for it to work on the latest sponge? Foxguard is way to over complicated and hasnt been updated to api 4 yet

This is working just fine with Sponge 4.0.1 1222 :slight_smile:
Just donā€™t use the latest 1227, itll fuck everything up.

What happens with the latest SpongeForge?

Well I can only communicate specifics for I am not intelligent in the art of coding.

No set rules in Red protect were being read correctly. For example, admin claims acted as if they were no longer checking permissions and allowed everyone to break and interact with things inside of said region. The basic functionalities were available still and could be fired without error, such as claiming and setting flags, etcā€¦ how ever people could just come in to any claim, break blocks and interact. The flags were also no longer working. Such as; setting block flow to false would still cause water/lava to flow in claims.

Another issue was essentialscmds where black listed items were being turned to dirt in the players inventory like normal, however, players could now place blacklisted items when before they could not.

Now, you could say it was a pex related issue, but other basic permissions were functioning correctly and restricting players who didnt have permissions such as /gamemode, /fly, etc.

We have a small group conversation here on the forums with a few of us Pixelmon owners, one owner was getting the following crash:

[Server] Server thread/ERROR ā€œSilentlyā€ catching entity tracking error.
[Server]
Server thread/ERROR [Sponge]: Could not pass
DisplaceEntityEvent$Move$TargetPlayer$Impl to
org.spongepowered.mod.plugin.SpongeModPluginContainer@c3ca1d8

Unfortunately he did not give me much more of the code.

1 Like

Can confirm this as well.

1 Like

Vince i would highly recommend using Sponge 1222.
I have no problems and all of my plugins work correctly. :blush:

That means I have to downgrade forge and that could mess with an updated pixelmon map in big ways :stuck_out_tongue: Just going to have to wait until he updates the plugin for latest sponge.

Fair enough :smile:

Update:

Tested with Sponge build 1213:

• Now we have a Gitter to discuss about issues, open tickets and comments: Gitter
  • [private] signs fully working with anti hopper working too;
  • Flags relationed with itens are fully working (allow-place/break,enter-itensā€¦etc). The item names are like minecraft:item or pixelmon:item;
  • Enter/exit command flags now bypass if the player have the flag permission like OPs (in the case you put /kill and cant enter on region :stuck_out_tongue: )

Working on:

• Players interact with entities on admin/player regions;
  • Waiting API for deny interact with ArmorStands and projectiles break ItemFrames/Paintings;
  • Plan to add deny item usage inside regions;

And about change gamemode maintain the inventory, the plugin only change the gamemode. Inventory need to be managed by other way. Basically using command /clear on exit can solve.

1 Like

About this:

• Waiting API for deny interact with ArmorStands and projectiles break ItemFrames/Paintings;

I didnt find how to protect and deny this actions. Secondary click on InteractEntity dont fire the event, only primary. And projectile hiting Hanging dont fire events too.

ā€œin the case you put /kill and cant enter on regionā€

Thank you :sweat_smile:

Regarding ā€˜enter-itemsā€™:

• You have to have 2 or more items listed or it will not work. You can not only have 1 item in order to enter the region. Not a big deal and completely understandable if you meant for it to be like this.

• enter-items is allowing users to enter the region with a full inventory as long as they have the items listed. I believe you meant for players to ONLY have the items listed in thier inventories in order to enter, correct?

Thank you!

Im guessing this does not work on the latest sponge? Every time I go to define, it times out the server.

Depending on how large the area is, yes it will do that.
This has been a reported issue for some time now.

I personally never time out with /rp define, however, I almost always time out when I /rp redefine large areas such as spawn, or safari zones, etc.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Also @FabioZumbi12, any idea how we could prevent users with /god and /gmc from not dying if glitched outside of the world border. I have the config set to ā€œSUICIDEā€ which I would assume /kills themā€¦ however that does not work and those in /god and /gmc can roam outside of the border freely.

Ah alright. Keeping my server down until the issue has been looked into. Never had this issue up until this very latest update so.

What sponge version are you on?
Still on the new forge / 1227 +?

Yup. Tried downgrading and it messed with my map for some reason. Corrupted chunks so I had to restore from a backup.

Oh yea, fuck that.
Iā€™d honestly say to just stick with what works for you right now until you see all of the plugins you use slowly update to 1227+.

If you donā€™t have much working, what about backing up what you do have and re-uploading an earlier build where everything is functioning? Iā€™d assume that would be better than your player base being stuck offline.

Best of luck!

1 Like

I could move to foxguard, but for as complex as it is, it isnā€™t as flexible as this plugin is.
Hopefully there is an update pushed for the new sponge soon :smiley:

@FabioZumbi12 the newest update made a few issues:

Redstone clocks in all claims stop working and pistons as well:

/rp flag flow - is no longer working and water will not flow in both admin and player regions no matter what its set to.