šŸ’€ XtraPunish [v2.0] [API 4.0]

Hurry children, get inside the bunker. Release 1.3 is upon us.
Download

Changes:

• Added /punish strike <player> - Strikes a player with lightning.
  • Added /punish glass <player> - Teleports a player high into the sky and onto a glass block.
  • Added /punish popular <player> - Teleports every player on a server to the specified player.
  • XtraPunish now uses pagination for its help list (/punish help).
  • Block restoration has been added for /punish cobweb <player>. Rather than setting the cobwebs into air, they now will restore back to their previous state.
  • Minor backend changes
3 Likes

Through the deserts, marches onward Release 1.4, to its true goal.
Download

Changes:

• Added /punish sponge <player> - Sets everything in a playerā€™s inventory to sponge.
  • Added a new flag for /punish burn <player>, you may now replace <player> with -a to target all players on a server.
  • Major backend changes.
3 Likes

I should really start writing these downā€¦ Release 1.5.
Download

Changes:

• Updated to SpongeAPI 4.0
  • Added /punish bounce-explode <player>. This will ā€˜bounceā€™ the player into the air with a small explosion.
  • Backend changes
1 Like

@12AwsomeMan34 I love your cruel plugin

Can you make a standalone Broadcast plugin? With giving users the choice of how long before repeating? That would be a extremely usefull plugin and i believe none are on sponge yet.

1 Like

Thereā€™s SimpleChat, which I believe has auto-broadcasting. Although if there was a demand for a standalone plugin, then it wouldnā€™t be too hard to do.

1 Like

I could very much use this as well, any other broadcast plugin Iā€™ve used hasnā€™t been right for me.

Yes it does. I do understand though that some people would prefer something standalone. Iā€™m considering doing this in the future but currently Iā€™m taking a break from development.

You could also use a command scheduler plugin as well to accomplish this.

CommandScheduler
ProjectAutomation

1 Like

Love the plugin!
Only ā€œcomplaintsā€ would be to make anvils drop from a higher height so that it kills the user in one hit and blocks used for these punishment commands do not go away after use. You are left with bedrock casings, cobwebs, anvils all over the world due to this.

An undo command is certainly possible. Iā€™ll look into adding it in the near future.
As for the anvils, I was a littler worried that if they were too high, the user could escape their range before they landed. I suppose itā€™s something to look into as well. Thanks for the feedback.

1 Like

You make a valid point actually.
Is there a way you can freeze the player until the anvil(s) hit. They will then die and the freeze will be removed upon death/respawn.

Could also give them slowness until the anvil hits. Which leads me to suggest a /punish slow command that will give them slowness and a /punish drunk thatll instantly give them dizzy/drunkenness. /punish blind as well. Removing their sight.

For now you can use /punish stuck on a player if you really want them to stop and want to use an anvil, but a more permanent solution would be needed. I think Iā€™ll make it so that they are slow with the anvil command. Iā€™ll be adding those commands soon.

1 Like

A status update

Itā€™s been almost a month since my last post here, so Iā€™ll make a quick status update regarding recent developments.

Thatā€™s right, the 2.0 Release will be coming very soon.
Iā€™ve refactored the backend once again (hopefully for the last time). Iā€™ve added a new gen feature which will generate the commands and permissions used in the above forum post with ease. This makes updating the forum post easy as just running the code and copying it over to the main post. I do note that the code is quite messy, and server owners should pay no mind to it (itā€™s not even included in the server jar).

Iā€™ve added the requested undo feature, which will allow you to undo any command that has ā€˜Supports undoā€™ suffixed at the end of the description.

Note that currently there isnā€™t a redo feature, however this would not be very difficult to implement. Iā€™m not sure if this will be in 2.0, but it will definitely be added in the near future.

Some of the other requested features above will not be included in the 2.0 update, however they are on the roadmap for a 2.x release. I largely want to get this update out, as it has taken long enough as-is (Iā€™ve been unfortunately busy with other things).

That all said, I do hope to get a 2.0 release out soon. I only need to tweak a few more things, fix some bugs and conduct final testing before a release. If you want to see what itā€™s taken to get to this point, have a look at the compare https://github.com/XtraStudio/XtraPunish/compare/bleeding

1 Like

Schreech, schreech. Release 2.0 inbound.
Honk the horns and squeal the beezles, itā€™s time for the biggest update to XtraPunish yet. Thus it has been granted the supreme, dazzling rank of 2.0.
Download

Changes:

• Complete refactor of the backend. Hopefully last time doing it.
  • Added a /punish undo [command] command. This command will revert any damage that may have been cause by the use of another command. Commands that support undoing will have ā€˜Supports undo.ā€™ suffixed into their descriptions.
  • Reworked the /punish spam [player] command. This command will now continuously spam the specified player until /punish chatstop [player] is ran, or the afflicted player leaves the server.
  • Better text formatting, highlighting player names and what-not.
  • Fixed many bugs.
  • Probably some other things Iā€™ve forgotten. Go try it out for yourself!
1 Like

can i do xtrapunish.* for all flags?

How about /mute command?
This is what Iā€™m searching for ! because of a special adventure map and some plugins , Iā€™m using spongevanilla-1.8.9-4.1.0-BETA-294, but I canā€™t find suitable mute plugins, Essential-like plugins are not suitable for me.
XtraPunish works, but I need mute function, can you help please, thank you !

@12AwsomeMan34 this plugin is just great but it does not work in 1.12.2 ā€¦ Can you update it to sponge API 7.1.0? That would be great !

Requesting an update for this plugin to API 7 please :sunny:

Sorry for the long hiatus. I havenā€™t logged into the forums in a long time. Anyway Iā€™ve finally made an initial update to Sponge 7.1.0 here. Just download the jar, no dependencies necessary. Note that this is an INITIAL release so itā€™s not fully tested, so expect issues. The only major issue so far is that the stuck command has yet to be fixed so Iā€™ve disabled it for now.
I will be busy for a time but hopefully soon I will make a full 3.0 release and publish this plugin on Ore but until then you can download the jar from the github release above.

1 Like

hi is there an update for sponge 7.1.4