Skyblock Islands world mgmt plugins?

Are there any solid Skyblock plugins for Sponge?

I’ve only found a couple so far:

It’s not entirely clear if there’s a de facto standard in this area for Sponge yet as far as creating islands in a world. There used to be a plugin that we enjoyed a lot in Bukkit that would allow for a singular world with a Skyblock Island for each player that would then also allow you to connect islands if you spanned out far enough in a direction… Anything like that here?

Hi, maybe you could have a look at SkyClaims wich hooks into GriefPrevention for great islands properties :

Does this mean you don’t think SkyClaims qualifies as solid? SkyClaims has been used on at least 62 unique servers to manage over 22,000 Islands. I think that means it’s pretty solid!

If SkyClaims doesn’t provide the features you require, you’re always welcome to make requests on Github!

1 Like

That’s great to know @Mohron. I’m just seeing that other skyblock variants such as the one I posted above along with this, so I haven’t been real confident with ore having all of the “best” options. I guess that’s what happens when you’re just starting off and used to the way bukkit did things before. Getting my bearings!

I don’t think any other public SkyBlock plugins for Sponge really made it out of alpha development (at least I don’t know of any). Ore is still under utilized but instead of updating that and Plugin Releases, I opted to just point my post to my plugin on Ore. If you look through the forums you will see many SkyBlock plugins that were started but never released. I know my plugin was used pretty successfully with SF3 servers and I just set it up on a ProjectOzone Lite server today! If you have any question feel free to join our DevOnTheRocks!

1 Like

What do you mean ‘ore not having the best options’? Ore is the equivalent of DBO. It is the place for Sponge plugins.

Probably just means that since it’s still underutilized, there could be good plugins not listed on Ore yet.