[Soaked Up #5] Plugin Reviews, and more!

I know Jython and have kinda started looking at F# but haven’t really done anything. What the heck is C-- though? Never heard of that.

Also on the topic of C based langs, totally an expert on C+= :stuck_out_tongue:

C-- is not really well known… Check it out here!

Highly Proficient
C
C++
Objective-C
x86-Assembly
ARM-Assembly

Proficient
Java
Python
Ruby
PHP
Bash
Javascript

Understood
Perl
CSS

Dabbled
Lua

2 Likes

I bookmarked your post, you are inspiring. Now I will come back to this list and learn them. :slight_smile:
Edit: Yes I know this is going to take a lot of time.

2 Likes

Gosh dang you @LordLambda you’re the best programer I know.

Let’s see… Order is from best to worst:

Python
Go
C/C++
Java
Javascript
Csound
LLVM-IR (yes, i know)
Swift
Ruby
Rust
R

And HTML, XML, CSS and so, but i don’t see them as programming languages.
I probably forgot some, but who cares? :sparkles:

2 Likes

C
C++
Java
Python
Ruby
Lua
Bash
Javascript
Groovy
PHP
C#
Visual Basic

and a bunch more…

4 Likes

Aw shucks

5 Likes

I’m mostly a web guy so:

Proficient
HTML5
CSS3

Improving/Learning
PHP
JS

Dabbled
C
C#
C++
Java

HATED
RobotC (a horrible, freakish C based language.) :tired_face:

Lol I remember using that :slight_smile: FTC through FRC I used that lang to program my teams bot. Didn’t realize how bad it was at the time as I did not know that many other languages.

I’m currently used Java and Lua.
Because I simply messed up the syntax when its come to JavaScript,PHP,Actionscript,etc.

Proficient:

• C\C++
  • Java
  • PHP
  • Perl
  • JS

Learning:

• Python
  • C#
  • Assembly
  • Lua

Other: (not programming languages)

• HTML5
  • CSS3
  • Java
  • Python
  • Lua
  • Scala
  • Haskell
  • CSS/HTML/JavaScript

I like functional the best. :slight_smile:

I’d have to say that anyone who does work with websites may find this a wee bit offensive…
Yeah, fanboy, guilty as charged.

Yeah, my favorite part was how sometimes you’d run the same autonomous mode several times and it’d do something different each time without any change to the code.

1 Like

HTML and CSS are literally not programming languages, they don’t execute code.
(Assuming that’s what your vague post was referring to).

1 Like

Programming language: In computer technology, a set of conventions in which instructions for the machine are written.

This is a huge debate, but I personally view it a programming language. Its a set of instructions which tells a computer how to do something…

I consider it a language. It’s telling the computer how to show something in a specific order, much like any other language does something specific. HTML is executed by a browser much like Java is executed by the JVM. I don’t see why it’s not a language, when it has its own syntax, classes and calls.

@octoshrimpy @cae1136 I personally see it as a design language. HTML and CSS only determine how to show something. And Javascript is a programming language, which executes statements, expressions etc.

4 Likes

For me personally, the way I see it is programming languages are generally compiled, and things like javascript (or python) are scripting languages since they are uncompiled. For HTML, CSS, or other related languages, I will have to agree with how @Exstar names them until I find a better name for them.

1 Like